E55K Brembo Discs at Eurocarparts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Edd, Fully agree i allways paint mine too usually with Hammerite smooth silver,

Edit

Last edited:
Just been outside and inspected the Brembo discs I have waiting to be fitted.

As @Gazwould and @Will have mentioned there is indeed a very nice coating on the centre hub area to prevent rust formation. It’s actually applied so well I didn’t notice at first. Excellent quality finish, much better than OEM.

More info here: https://www.brembo.com/en/ComunicatiStampa/2012/Brembo_UV_Coated_Discs_EN.pdf

“the protective coating (on delivery even on the braking surfaces) ensures complete product protection through to fitting, which helps mechanics significantly in their daily work by avoiding the
need to remove oil from discs, which had been
used until now to protect the discs.”

Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I've not seen this finish before on Brembos (must ha e been fitting cheepo versions back then! ;)
I humbly fall on my sword!! :)

Here is the pic I sent to Edd, as you can see there is a UV coating on the centre hub. :)

I actually think the coating is much better looking than the OEM one!
3-ADC599-A-11-D4-453-D-B8-A0-49266272538-D.png

Gentlemen, I stand corrected. I've not seen this finish before on Brembos (must ha e been fitting cheepo versions back then! ;)
I humbly fall on my sword!! :)

It appears that the coating was only introduced in 2012, were you fitting these before that perhaps?

... Er, way before that!! ;)

Try Autodoc, unless you need the discs really urgently (they ship from Europe so take a couple of days or so) but they should be pretty competitive on price for Brembo :thumb:

Try Autodoc, unless you need the discs really urgently (they ship from Europe so take a couple of days or so) but they should be pretty competitive on price for Brembo :thumb:

Thanks for that. Eurocarparts don't have brembo rears, but Autodoc does.

I have used them twice following your recommendations Will, I have been very happy.

Always got the exact brands I ordered and delivered within 4-5 days with a DPD 1hr slot, nice fancy packaging too. :)

Check the Autodoc app out for a little more discount.

Only other thing to mention is you get free delivery over a certain amount spent, £100/150 or something so worth buying a few bits together for the best prices :thumb:

Check the Autodoc app out for a little more discount.

Only other thing to mention is you get free delivery over a certain amount spent, £100/150 or something so worth buying a few bits together for the best prices :thumb:
Yeah it was free over £140, good excuse for me to stock up on other bits :D

I have used them twice following your recommendations Will, I have been very happy.

Always got the exact brands I ordered and delivered within 4-5 days with a DPD 1hr slot, nice fancy packaging too. :)
I used autodoc for quite a big order and I agree , parts,price and service was good. Just DON'T use them if you are in a mad hurry. They are not slow but not quite 'overnight' either.

Thanks for the tip off on this. I went for the Pagid rotors and pads. Will report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom