E63 2013 under £20K ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep.....it’s a big heavy brick.....gets about 13 to 15 in every day driving....20 to 22 on a motorway run. Economical they are not!!.....that said......he uses the car as intended and has never got great MPG out of any car he owns!!
Certainly 13.X mpg was about right when Mrs D was doing short distance trips like school runs, shops and visiting family.

Solo driving on a sensible motorway drive at the UK speed limit is 20.X mpg but drops to 18.x or 19.X at Continental speed limits.

Driving today, spirited B-road driving has yielded 17.7 mpg over 49 miles and an average speed of 26 mph. About right.

Over the last 61,377 miles it has averaged 17.3 mph also at an average of 26 mph, which is a fairly good guide to real use.

Driving today, spirited B-road driving has yielded 17.7 mpg over 49 miles and an average speed of 26 mph. About right.
By the time we got home today we had covered 102 miles at 18.8 mpg and an average speed of 29 mph. The 53 miles driven after I posted at lunchtime were mostly fast A-roads.

Sounds like my thoughts were accurate - some of that extra fuel used for towing is offset by the driving style broadly negating much of the increase.

In other words, any V8 petrol car is going to be juicy, towing doesn’t seem to make a huge difference.

IMG_0586.jpeg

That’s pretty typical for a normal run in mine, taken a couple of days ago. Bit of traffic around the A3 and a few prods of the throttle here and there. Not remotely trying for economy to be fair - it’s what I would expect for a car of this size/weight with a large petrol V8.

We got a ML63 PP too and get similar figures to @Bobby Dazzler.

We live near A/B roads in the sticks.

The worst I've got is 10.xmpg once on the way to London and I was stuck in traffic and (eco/start stop off)

The best I've seen on the motorway is 22.xmpg.

By the time we got home today we had covered 102 miles at 18.8 mpg and an average speed of 29 mph. The 53 miles driven after I posted at lunchtime were mostly fast A-roads.
I took it for a service today and when I got home it was 18.6 mpg, over 48 miles and a. Average speed of 26 mph. Most of that journey was at dual carriageway speeds with some congestion and no doubt some time spent idling at the main dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom