Exclamation Mark in yellow on dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denis O

Car
SL350 R230
I've just ended a Euro road trip, doing 7 countries since Monday. Super trip of almost 2000 miles through France, Alsace, Germany, Austria, Slovinia, Croatia (loved Zagreb) Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece. Started the car outside our hotel in Sofia and had a yellow exclamation mark come up on the dash. No handbook with me so I didn't have a clue what was wrong. No malfunction warning so I switched off and restarted. Exclamation mark gone and all good for the rest of our journey to Corfu.

Observations from trip. Croatia is a lovely country and Zagreb a super city. Some great dining and had a superb dinner at an Italian restaurant named Carpaccio. Serbian and Bulgarian roads are rubbish. Bumpy and pot holes everywhere. Even worse once into Greece, north of Thessaloniki. At one point, on a 2 lane motorway, we hit a bump so hard that the roll over bar came up.

It was nice to see some new countries but I think next time will be the normal route via Italy and then ferry to Greece.

Anyone know what the Exclamation mark was for?

I’ll have a stab at Tyre pressures, not a rapid loss warning, an ‘uneven’ warning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As above, what are the pressure readings after around 5mins of driving?

No TPM system on my car so not sure if it would give a pressure warning. I'll give it a manual check soonest.

Is the exclamation mark within another symbol?

If it's an exclamation mark in what looks like a flat tyre, its obviously a tyre problem but it should tell you in the rh display. If it's in a bulb shape its a bulb problem (or a faulty display) and again should tell you exactly what in the rh display . If surrounded by 2 brackets its a brake issue sbc brake fluid or similar again signed in the rh display. Hope its just a bulb! In a triangle its ESP. Did you accidentally switch it off?

My handbook, on the B Class, is ESP warning light, but is in an amber triangle. Most symbols are standard ish on cars.

Also I think you get an exclam. if you drive off with the handbrake still on.

The exclamation mark was blacked out of a yellow triangle and I think Geoff has the right answer. From some further surfing it appears it's the ESP and it's possible that SWMBO had accidentally hit the switch. The passenger footwell was pretty loaded so she could have knocked the ESP switch.

It's not come back since.

Need to figure how to change the clock 2 hours ahead now.

I tried the ESP button and up came the warning on the dash. So it is the ESP button being hit by accident.

The clock was a fairly easy fix and I got enough info from Youtube, albeit different models, to figure how to make the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom