• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Exhaust pressure sensor OM651

sautah

Car
e class coupe 250 cdi 2011
I’ve been chasing a weird issue where my 250cdi 2011 C207 has been changing gears that in my opinion was too soon. What I mean is it was overly keen to keep the revs low.

Eventually the car threw a P0471 error relating to the exhaust pressure sensor located near the rear of the egr valve.

Looking at the live data it seemed ok to my limited knowledge but as I can’t find anything else that could explain it ( I understand a split boost hose could trigger this somehow) I bit rhe bullet and have fitted a new one.
Part number for a new one is PMA0091535128

Now oddly the one that came out is nothing like this new part number so perhaps it’s either the wrong part fitted or just a very old part number

The car now appears to shift gears much smoother at a much more sensible time and doesnt hang onto gears / labour the engine like it was

Attachments

• IMG_9160.jpeg
    IMG_9160.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Where did you buy from ?

Part number will be A0091535128. It's the latest version of the part available. 👍

Your car will of been dropping into limp home mode with a faulty sensor , that's why the gears don't rev up. There's no turbo boost .

If you looked at the live data before, did you make a recording and check the values after the change?

Part number will be A0091535128. It's the latest version of the part available. 👍

Your car will have been dropping into limp home mode with a faulty sensor , that's why the gears don't rev up. There's no turbo boost .
Correct. That is the part I bought

If you looked at the live data before, did you make a recording and check the values after the change?
I did look at live data as mentioned above. The reading at idle on the old one was higher across the board from engine off to idle to 3000rpm where I decided to compare

After doing some decent miles today the whole car feels back to its normal heath. Power wise and gear change wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom