First 3 months of E63 ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You mention ADR - you’ve not mentioned (unless I missed it?) what the seller said when you first noticed the EML appear, and what they have said about the route to getting the car fixed, or even what they said about the situation now with it stripped down at the MB main dealer etc?
Will, the point is the seller hasn’t responded at all to any correspondence or even contacted me. I called the seller, and all I got was “the car was fine when you bought it”. I’ve had to issue a final notice, with a period of time for ADR before I escalate.

Will, the point is the seller hasn’t responded at all to any correspondence or even contacted me. I called the seller, and all I got was “the car was fine when you bought it”. I’ve had to issue a final notice, with a period of time for ADR before I escalate.
Fair enough - I didn’t see you post that, just that you were going legal and the costs etc.

If they are shirking their responsibilities and not communicating with you, fair play :thumb:

This has channel 5 can't pay we'll take it away all over it! Be prepared for bailiffs having pay a visit on your behalf at the selling dealer..

Hi everyone,

thought I’d provide an update. The list of damage has unfortunately increased, and now the big end bearings have swarf damage so need replacing.
8F690734-6E87-4B48-900C-1FB41E2C5061.jpeg
Big hole wear the engine used to be...

ADF36B84-15F7-4027-8976-1258C4512185.jpeg
if you zoom in you can see the wear on the cams!
B1EB7B87-FBDF-4FB3-9486-2B2B99BCBA60.jpeg
7EF842C9-DFC0-4759-ABA6-5FF95D43E0D1.jpeg
This is a full engine rebuild. The block is being hot washed to make sure no swarf is in the engine, then the rebuild will begin. A total of 701 new parts required including new bolts etc. New cams, adjusters, cylinder heads, valves, big end bearing, oil pump.... the list goes on!
Should take about two weeks to rebuild hopefully.
This is exactly why correct maintenance is so important, cause of the damage is due to low oil pressure, incorrect priming, and blockage of oil capillaries. I thought I’d be safe knowing the car had full service history, the majority being MB. And knowing the car had the timing chain upgrade, I felt confident about the car. Just goes to show, anything can go wrong. The garage who sold me the car will get what’s coming to them, but in the mean time. I can’t wait for all this to be behind me, and I’m enjoying the car once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom