First post, New (sort of) R107 SL Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chunda

Car
450SL R107
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the forum for quite some time, so thought I'd post an introduction at last.
I have '78 450SL, which I bought just over a year ago, and it's been quite a 'journey' (to use cheesy reality TV parlance!) as with all 'classic' cars (I've owned a few)there's been a rapid learning curve, I think that if I'd known then what I know now, I probably would'nt have got involved!! But, since the weather improved and I've been able to use the car for entire days with the top down, it's made it all worthwhile:DNo car I've ever driven 'wafts' along a sunny country lane quite like a 107 SL.
The car itself is a '78 as I said, in Midnight Blue, 3 former owners (each for many years) and has 97k with tons of history.So far, under my stewardship in has had: (Deep breath!)

Fuel injection metering head overhaul
Timing chain replaced with tensioner and guides (good job I didn't know this when I bought it)
N/S exhaust manifold gaskets
Proper repairs to front chassis legs
Front sub-frame bushes replaced(massive difference)
Exhaust centre section repairs
Instrument panel overhaul
Gear selector linkage
Plus many other little bits and bobs!

I think that's enough for this year! Anyway, I'm getting there, I love the car to bits (wife's not so keen:doh:) and I'll post some pics when I've worked out how to do it! And I look forward to participating more in the forum!

Kind regards.

Hi & welcome, look forward to seeing some pics!

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

450SL pictures as promised...

Hi

Couple of pics (took me ages to upload them - hardly straight forward! :wallbash: ) taken at caravan storage site where we store our motorhome - we don't live in a caravan btw! So what do you think?.....

Attachments

• SL 1.png
    SL 1.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 33
  • SL 2.png
    SL 2.png
    70 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to the forum, that's a lovely looking SL you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom