• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Flex Disc Condition

ericycle

Car
W203 C200 CDI (OM646)
Hi,

I've asked two mechanics whether I should replace the flex disc in the attached images. One said that it's fine and not really necessary. The other said I should urgently replace it. I was hoping to get another opinion here.

I just replaced the crankshaft pulley, which was crumbling a bit. That was #1 priority. The next things on the list are to replace the thermostat, and a glow plug, and then the front suspension arm bushes, which are cracked and then do a front end alignment. Afterwards, I might also need to replace the EGR. So there's plenty to do, and the question is. Should the flex disc even be on my list, or is enough for me to keep an eye on it from time to time and unless it deteriorates significantly more just leave it alone for now?

Attachments

• IMG_20151231_113301.jpg
    IMG_20151231_113301.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20151231_113308.jpg
    IMG_20151231_113308.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Replace. It's not nice when a disc lets go and they look well past their sell by date.

Replace them. As above. If they let go (and they do) they can cause a lot of damage. ON my C55 it looked not to bad. When the pulled it out, it fell apart.

Look at it this way: it looks that bad static, imagine how wide those splits will open up to (!) under load.

Needs replacing - no point putting it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom