From WRX to CLK!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeanWRX

Car
w208 CLK320
Hi all,

I am currently borrowing - and will almost certainly be purchasing - a black w208 CLK320. It belongs to a friend who just had a baby. It’s one car too many for his household and it was being left to stand for months on end. As I live one street away from him, it was breaking my heart to see it sitting unloved, so after a quick chat it is now in my possession. Never driven an auto before and I come from Subarus so this is an entirely different motoring experience for me. The plan is do a few hundred miles in it and then seal a deal with him.

Coming from a succession of rock hard coilover-specced Jap cars, I’ve never known such luxury. Heated seats! Electric seat adjustment! No rattles! Not having to wince and crawl over speed bumps! As you can tell, I’m already head over heels in love with it.

I have however had a couple of electrical SNAFU’s which I need a bit of advice on. I’ll start a thread in the relevant area. Already fixed one gremlin (I think). Car would start when cold, and when hot, but not when warm. Swapped out the camshaft sensor and this seems to have resolved. Need to do a few more journeys to be sure though.

I am based near Epsom Downs in Surrey.

Pleased to meet you all!

Sean

Last edited:
Some transition that. But you've got yourself a nice smoker. Welcome aboard.

And welcome, I hope you get answers that meet your needs when you post up your issues.

Welcome to MBClub Sean, and good luck fixing the gremlins :thumb:

Hi, welcome to the forum, these are good cars. Hope you get your electrics sorted.

I made the transition from an STi to a BMW 330ci and the difference was outstanding, as you say... no rattles, the feel of luxury. No drone from the Nur Spec which does get boring!

I used to be on Scoobynet, one thing I miss from that forum is the avatar model of your car for your profile which you could modify colours and wheels etc

Welcome aboard

Last edited:
Thanks all.

I've had Subarus as daily drivers for 8 years, but I hurt my back about 2 years ago and the hard ride is aggravating it I think. The CLK is like driving a sofa in comparison.

I have an affinity with two door/coupe cars. Even while owning Subarus I had an MX5, then a 200SX, then a BMW 328ci as drift cars. Although the BMW wasn't particularly plush, and had been stripped out for drifting, it was too much car to be demoted to essentially banger racing (aka the now extinct 'drift what you bring' days at Lydden Hill circuit.

Ever since then I thought that the next time I wanted something for regular driving it was gonna be a) German b) coupe and c) not modified.

Last edited:
Welcome but keep the Scooby too if you can afford to. Got a weekend Classic 320bhp Love it. But as you say. I also love to get back into the E320CDi with all the comforts.

I made the transition from a GTiR to the CLK, so I know what you're in for... The CLK will feel a bit like a land yacht after a WRX, but it's such a nice place to be.

You'll miss the WRX on a tight B road, but on the highway you won't.

Hiya, I moved from a Subaru GTB (twin turbo Legacy) to a CL500 :) not many people know about the GTB, nice quick load lugger :) welcome to the club, hope the gremlins are sorted soon!

Oh yes I know a couple of people with GTBs. They are definitely a hidden secret!

Here's my WRX. She's most certainly staying....

12967955_10154248508790757_5679077116328704929_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom