• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Galaxy S4 / Android Settings - if voice Control not working

NickGLE350DE

Car
E220d SE - Premium Plus W213
I know a lot of people have had issues with their Samsung phone with internet access and some audio playback problems on Bluetooth. I have to say these issues haven't been a problem for me although internet access via Comand is a waste of effort.

I have however spent the last year having a Galaxy S4 that would not make calls when activated by the voice control. I have taken the car back to my dealer and on one occasion waited for a 2 hour update on software, but got no solution. I was hopeful after first service yesterday that a software update would solve this, but it didn't.

So I went on another Google trawl through Android forums and found a similar issue which pointed me in the direction of what it might be, and found the fix. It was a very simple thing, and I have to say that I cannot be unique here, but MB have done virtually nothing to help - they should know this and they should publish it in their user guides for phones :wallbash: – it's not uncommon in other brands of cars as well.

So waffle over, I thought I'd share the issue and fix to save others having the same frustration that I have had ….. I have spent a lot of time on the web trying to solve this in the past 12 months :fail… I am also giving this to the dealer and will suggest they get HQ to work a bit harder considering this is a premium car brand and add it to their docs. (What are the chances?)

Samsung Galaxy S4 and probably all other Android devices:
When using voice control to select a phone book entry, dialing or redialing a number. The Comand system starts to set up the call but fails with error message “no connection”.

This happens when the device is in a locked screen state and the device is secured NOT using the default swipe to unlock gesture. Samsung / Android settings have an option that prevents calls being made when the screen is locked and secured with the Swipe Pattern, PIN code or other secure method such as Face or voice unlock. This disables the Bluetooth call set up feature.

This can be fixed by going to Settings, My Device, Call, Call Accessories, Outgoing Call Conditions. Here you can select from 2 options: “Even when device is locked”, and “Only when device is unlocked”.
Check the option “even when device is locked” to resolve the issue.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom