Gearbox prob. C320 cdi 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wiggers

Car
C320 cdi 2005
Very simply I had a problem so plugged in a friends laptop with some diag software. No faults but still tried to clear engine and gearbox but came back with an error unable to clear faults. The first time I tried to use the manual function of 7g wouldn’t shift or go back into drive. When I stopped I couldn’t put car into reverse or park unless I turned key to off position. Mercland said there was loads of weird faults stored in engine diag. They think possibly the shot bolt which stops you putting it into reverse or park is knackered. If I’ve corrupted the gearbox settings
With the diag (Only tried to read but wasn’t happy) could this have caused this fault if settings are corrupt? Chris

Had similar problem, move gear stick into drive, nothing. Remove ignition key and start engine and gear box works. New electroplate solved the problem, around £450/500 6 years ago.

Well it went into mercland who were fab. They think it’s the gear selector module but can’t be sure. Also found the turbo pressure sensor set in temp not pressure.... It’s still gone into limp home mode again. One thing after another! Don’t rate these merc things for reliability one bit.

Very simply I had a problem so plugged in a friends laptop with some diag software. No faults but still tried to clear engine and gearbox but came back with an error unable to clear faults. The first time I tried to use the manual function of 7g wouldn’t shift or go back into drive. When I stopped I couldn’t put car into reverse or park unless I turned key to off position. Mercland said there was loads of weird faults stored in engine diag. They think possibly the shot bolt which stops you putting it into reverse or park is knackered. If I’ve corrupted the gearbox settings
With the diag (Only tried to read but wasn’t happy) could this have caused this fault if settings are corrupt? Chris
Get a good second hand selector module from breakers or get yours refurbished.
When mine failed I got one from scrappy and fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom