• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Gen 1 W126 SEC AMG Bodykit

Hi,

Yes this is mind brought off Jay for my SEC but when work started on it, it was'nt worth repairing too much rust so broke the car for spares made more money then i brought the car for :D . Was in to minds as to buy another SEC and turn it into a AMG model but then brought another 66 fastback mustang which will be turned into a 66 GT350 R model a better investment for my money.

So i thought i'd put the kit up for sale see if it sells.......

Jaanwar is what the J stands for BIG J :D

Cheers

Not convinced Mustang or any other pony car is a good investment right now....prices are falling hugely as collections fall to administration Stateside....and i envisage a massive correction off the prices of these cars that saw hyperinflation over the past decade, and likely wont see that inflation again.

That aside, Mustangs are an item of beauty.....exceptional beauty.

talbir

Not convinced Mustang or any other pony car is a good investment right now....prices are falling hugely as collections fall to administration Stateside....and i envisage a massive correction off the prices of these cars that saw hyperinflation over the past decade, and likely wont see that inflation again.

That aside, Mustangs are an item of beauty.....exceptional beauty.

talbir

Talbir I see what your saying maybe it's a good investment maybe not but who know's whats going to happen in the future. I still personel think a Mustang would sell for more then a SEC....

My 67 Shelby GT500 cost about 25 - 30 grand to rebuild it was a full shell rebuild....and i've been offered double that for it.The AMG SEC is a wicked car but i would rather a Mustang over it but thats just me.

I'd take that double offer and run...i can pick up a pristine and original 67 GT500 for less than 40k gbp.

Only an original stamped Shelby would fetch serious dollar, those with complete paperwork as well.

I'm not looking to buy any more cars, but if one of the following pop-up i'd consider it seriously :

- a 67 Shelby Mustang GT500e

- a 69 'The Judge' Pontiac GTO

- 70 Dodge Challenger

Any one of the above in the right colour and with all provenance...i'd not hesitate for a second !

talbir

I'd take that double offer and run...i can pick up a pristine and original 67 GT500 for less than 40k gbp.

Only an original stamped Shelby would fetch serious dollar, those with complete paperwork as well.

I'm not looking to buy any more cars, but if one of the following pop-up i'd consider it seriously :

- a 67 Shelby Mustang GT500e

- a 69 'The Judge' Pontiac GTO

- 70 Dodge Challenger

Any one of the above in the right colour and with all provenance...i'd not hesitate for a second !

talbir

Talbir i could take the money and run :D but don't think my dad would be too inpressed, he's has loads of different classic yank cars over the past 20 - 30 years and brought this one back in 1994....and we spent the last 5 - 6 years doing a full shell re-build...and i want time enjoy driving the car i have no reason to sell it....

I know original 67 Shelby's fetch serious dollar like you say as couple of my mates sold their for about 90 odd grand couple of years ago...if you can get one for 40 grand thats a bargin...

I like you choice in cars and you've got a nice car collection i guess some cars you may not sell.....I've seen 67 Shelby GT500 E for silly money on some sites you could build one cheaper then they advertised them....

KIT is SOLD :D

Cheers

Amarjit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom