Halo lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N7OGP

Car
Viano 2011
I have bought a pair of projector head lights with halos, the halos need a live feed, so when i turn the key the halos light up, where would be the best place to find such a live feed, i thought of connecting it to the cigar light, would that be safe?

Halos ?

You mean like angel eyes on a BMW ?

I would just take a feed from the sidelight live as when you turn your sidelights on this will operate the halos. No point in running them in stonking bright sun as you wont be able to see them so at least this way youll be able to operate them as you wish.

Interested to see these in situ ...

Not sure they'll improve the light to be honest .

If you really wanted to improve the light , i'd have done a xenon retrofit.

thats what i was wondering about light improvement, but i feel they would not Benefit much apart from sorta update the look of the front end of the car...

i'm hoping so, all modern cars now have clear lenses. to do a xenon retrofit you need clear lenses to start with other wise the light pattern goes all over.

i'm hoping so, all modern cars now have clear lenses. to do a xenon retrofit you need clear lenses to start with other wise the light pattern goes all over.

To do a xenon retrofit , you need to buy the xenon units from MB , amongst other things , no need to mess about with lenses.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but did you ever get these fitted?

I recently bought a pair which I think are identical to yours, but they were for LHD vehicles as the beam could not be set to pass a UK MOT

The lights skew to the right, which is for LHD vehicles and not to the left, as they should for UK vehicles
Is this the case with yours?

Just an update, I managed to return the LHD lights as the seller wasn't aware there was a difference between LHD and RHD lights!

Bought some more projectors, light is much better than the original headlights. I also wired in the 'halo' to the sidelight and disconnected the sidelight bulb so it displays only the rings. Admittedly, the rings are not very bright (fine in the dark, but then the full lights are normally on).

I also had the missing bracket problem for my washers, tie-straps work for now until I find something better.

I would like to do the full xenon retrofit at some point, but am unsure what exactly is required?

Obviously headlamps, ballasts, front and rear levelling sensors, wiring.

If the parts were sourced, is it a matter of plug and play (plus STAR) or more complicated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom