Hello and Introduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for your comment :) A few rattles I wont worry about, hopefully the engine note will drown most out :)

I hardly ever get any rattles in my 2013 car. Perhaps 18" wheels help.

There is another thread in GD about C63 rattles. Mine has console rattles, something in the back, maybe parcel shelf, a really annoying squeak from the drivers door near the pop up lock but the worst is the seat!! It creaks and groans like I weigh 30 stone (which I don't!). That particular issue does irritate me. In fact I have reminded myself to contact the dealer about it see if anything can be done under warranty.

Growy16 said:
There is another thread in GD about C63 rattles. Mine has console rattles, something in the back, maybe parcel shelf, a really annoying squeak from the drivers door near the pop up lock but the worst is the seat!! It creaks and groans like I weigh 30 stone (which I don't!). That particular issue does irritate me. In fact I have reminded myself to contact the dealer about it see if anything can be done under warranty.

The rear brake light is the cause of the parcel shelf rattle, there is a known fix for it.

C63

I moved from a pre facelift non pp to a facelift pp car with LSD last year. Of all the options and differences I would say the LSD is by far the biggest improvement....the car is so much more planted and grip is on a different level. My car is on 18in wheels and the ride is much better than on 19s of my last car. The pp engine does rev more freely and feels more eager and sweeter. Also diamond White is much nicer than polar white! As far as premium goes for the pp cars it's difficult to say as mileage and condition always comes into it but certainly worth £3k extra.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 24
Mine is going into Birds for the Quaife LSD.

Personally buy on condition I had my heart set on a white coupe with ppp. Ended up with a Palladium Silver Saloon with an IPE manifold. Having drove the ppp coupe vs my saloon with the manifold mine felt faster plus the added noise is well addictive! I also preferred the much more supportive seats in the saloon over the coupe and despite mine have 15k more on the clock it was in much better condition. I wouldn't say the ppp is worth the extra money to be honest you can buy all the extra bits if you want them. The alacantara steering wheel there are plenty on eBay and the gear gaiter you can buy from Mercedes. As for me remap and LSD next on the list!

Yeah I am a member on the CSL register, good bunch of fellow owners. Pic of my Csl, I have a set of standard silver coloured wheels and a set in Satin Black, like to mix it up :D
SB being faster !! nah the Silver ones rock :bannana:
CSL1.jpg

Sweet !
My mate has one in black and I had the pleasure of 4 laps at oulton park in her…….what a car !
They are keepers if I ever saw one !!:thumb:

Thanks Steve, I am 11 years into ownership on the Csl and its def a keeper, I have read many who have sold and then regretted and with the way prices have hiked over the past 12 months it would take a lot of extra cash to get back on the ladder. The way BMW have gone with their latest M's can only mean the previous generations hold and increase in value in my opinion. I didn't buy the thing with investment prospects in place as I believe cars are for using but its nice to make on a car purchase for once!! I can see the same thing happening with the C63 as we move towards more digitised cars that hold no character, where will we get our motoring fun in the future except in cars offering true motoring fun! That's just my opinion, tip to self, get a C63 sourced asap lol !!

the sun roof rattles on mine and is starting to annoy us, luckily the sound of the engine drowns the noise out
good luck in the search for a c63, you will not regret it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom