• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Hello! I'm new!

KateLovesPurple

Car
E220 Coupe
Hi, I'm new here, just doing my intro post.
My name is Kate, and I have just bought my first Mercedes, a '65 plate E220 Coupe in bright red and I love it!
No doubt I will be asking questions in the future as I get to know "Woo Woo", that's her name by the way. :D
I always do all the spanner work in our house too, I have been since I was 14, and if it is possible I'll be continuing to do this on the Merc, although there is less and less that can be done on the drive, the newer the car is unfortunately.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! And remember:

:ttiuwp

Very nice...... love the facelift coupe headlights....and the Fire Opal paint looks to be still attached.....result!! 😄

Last edited:
That's all you need to worry about then. I don't want to be getting you worrying about something that might never happen before you even start......and it does not affect all FO red cars......just drive it and enjoy it.

If you get really bored read this.....you will probably stumble across it anyway. In the same way not all Mercs having snapping subframes....not all FO cars have issues....its just that the bad cars that get the publicity.

I've just read through that, and all I can say is that she may be one of the lucky ones that has never had a problem with the paint, or she has been resprayed in the past. Either way, she is 9 years old now and I suspect if there was going to be a problem with the paint, it would have become apparent by now, so as you say, I'm just going to enjoy her and not worry about it!

Welcome!

If there is a problem with the paint, you at least have the excuse to have it resprayed in a colour you profess to love...

Welcome.

Nice car in possibly the best shade of red, albeit one that can have problems (been there, done that). As mentioned above, not all FO cars develop a problem, my neighbour had a CLA for years without issue, so hopefully you'll have a similar experience.

I'd be interested to know that if it's not a car, what particular purple item Kate loves??!!! :D

I've just read through that, and all I can say is that she may be one of the lucky ones that has never had a problem with the paint, or she has been resprayed in the past. Either way, she is 9 years old now and I suspect if there was going to be a problem with the paint, it would have become apparent by now, so as you say, I'm just going to enjoy her and not worry about it!
Lovely car. We’ve all had red and no problem, just enjoy.
Motoring brings all sorts of problems as you probably know, no point waiting for trouble.

Hi and welcome , 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom