• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Help find my car!

PeterMcD

Car
SL280
NTH127X

1982 SL280. White with white leather.

I owned this car jointly with my mother from 1994 to 2007. We restored it but I’ve learned it’s now SORN since 2018 with structural issues.

Mum died recently and I’d dearly love to reconnect with the car. I’d like it back!

It was last sold at Bonhams and can be found on google using the reg number. This is my first call in my attempt to be reunited!!

If you feel you can help I'd really appreciate a message. 🙏🏻

Ashtead is next door to me. Would you like me to go have a look at it for you
Stunning car

You are welcome. The beauty of the internet eh!?
Anyway this seems like a lot of money for a 280SL which needs structural work. You are probably be aware that costs of body repairs to a R107 can be huge!
As a guide, Last September I bought my ‘84 280SL for several thousand less and it is in way better condition. Of course that did not have the sentimental value this one has for you!

Good luck in getting her back Peter!

You are welcome. The beauty of the internet eh!?
Anyway this seems like a lot of money for a 280SL which needs structural work. You are probably be aware that costs of body repairs to a R107 can be huge!
As a guide, Last September I bought my ‘84 280SL for several thousand less and it is in way better condition. Of course that did not have the sentimental value this one has for you!
Hi just to say she’s home and I didn’t pay the asking but more than I was initially hoping however as you say, it’s kind of irrelevant ANd the bonus was all the original paperwork with Mums original V5 from when she bought it….lovely. We’re ‘in weld’ presently. Needed a small part of a body panel otherwise I can get it back on the road for an affordable amount, I hope….been impressed with the SL shop who have supplied a comprehensive engine and gearbox service kit. And the panel….the RH rear lens replacement will need to wait-my they’re pricey. All the best Peter

Thanks for the offer I’ll see how it pans out..!
Hi just to say she’s home. Being my old car and mums, I had to buy it pretty well in any condition but fortunately it felt the same, having only done 10000m since it left us. We’re ‘in weld’ presently. Needed a small part of a body panel otherwise I can get it back on the road for an affordable amount, I hope….been impressed with the SL shop who have supplied a comprehensive engine and gearbox service kit. And the panel….the RH rear lens replacement will need to wait-my they’re pricey. All the best and thanks for your interest. Peter

What an awesome result!! Kudos to everyone involved in helping Peter get this beauty home!😎

What an awesome result!! Kudos to everyone involved in helping Peter get this beauty home!😎
Cheers Lenny and thanks for your interest-MB club is a lovely medium….

Great news. Obviously we can give you a small amount of time to accomodate this request, but we will need pictures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom