• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Help please

Car
Mercedes Benz
Hi all. I have a Mercedes reg LO64 TZN. A two door car. AGM model.

I have noticed that when I put car on in the morning and dab says no reception, but just 80s station is on, but no stations showing on screen. As I drive into work , all radio stations come on dab. When leaving my work to come home, all dab radio stations work all ok till I get to my house. However, as soon as I put off car engine and turn it back on , it says again no reception and only 80s station being played on dab.

Can anyone please help.. appreciated

Probably your house is in a poor reception area. Do you have another car with DAB to compare

kc

Probably your house is in a poor reception area. Do you have another car with DAB to compare

kc
Thanks KC. Yes hired another honda and it's dab was fine. The weird thing is when I drive it back from work to home, it works all good till I switch engine off near my house then when I restart it says no reception signal and only one station plays 80s. Like memory issue. If aerial issues surely the stations should cease to work on way back home but they don't , till you put engine off.

Could it be the unit?

Thanks for all the help. Appreciated

Probably due to poor DAB reception where your house is , the fact that it works perfectly on the way home would back this up.

Not all car DAB`s are equal , the one in my wifes Nissan connects straight away , the one in my BM takes a wee bit longer and a Cayenne is somewhere in-between both , plus your vehicle has an eight year old receiver and things have moved on a bit since then , tech wise.

Having said that i seldom listen to the radio as it just constant adverts , apart from Radio 1 which is just constant noise in a different language.

K

Probably due to poor DAB reception where your house is , the fact that it works perfectly on the way home would back this up.

Not all car DAB`s are equal , the one in my wifes Nissan connects straight away , the one in my BM takes a wee bit longer and a Cayenne is somewhere in-between both , plus your vehicle has an eight year old receiver and things have moved on a bit since then , tech wise.

Having said that i seldom listen to the radio as it just constant adverts , apart from Radio 1 which is just constant noise in a different language.

K
Thanks k, really Appreciated. Would it worthwhile getting a dab radio signal enhancer? Maybe a upgrade needed from mercedes? Thanks

Hi all. I have a Mercedes two door car. AGM model.

I have noticed that when I put car on in the morning and dab says no reception, but just 80s station is on, but no stations showing on screen. As I drive into work , all radio stations come on dab. When leaving my work to come home, all dab radio stations work all ok till I get to my house. However, as soon as I put off car engine and turn it back on , it says again no reception and only 80s station being played on dab.

Can anyone please help.. appreciated
Edit and remove the reg number as a mater of security on your part

Would it worthwhile getting a dab radio signal enhancer? Maybe a upgrade needed from mercedes? Thanks

Dont have any experience with a signal enhancer and it would probably be cheaper moving house or buying a new car than letting MB do the upgrade.

K

Dont have any experience with a signal enhancer and it would probably be cheaper moving house or buying a new car than letting MB do the upgrade.

K
Thanks k . Funny but so true 🤣.

Thinking about buying this ....https://www.co-star.co.uk/3669/dab-in-car-digital-radio-amplifier-a-4721-01/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom