Help: Problem with E320 cdi 2007.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBman420

Car
MB W211 E320 2007
Hy, I bought 2 days ago my first MB E 320 disel facelift 165kw.
Evrything was okei, and today it went to limp mode, no power at all, no engine light came on.
After stopping and starting car the power came back, but still went to limp mode.

Hy, I bought 2 days ago my first MB E 320 disel facelift 165kw.
Evrything was okei, and today it went to limp mode, no power at all, no engine light came on.
After stopping and starting car the power came back, but still went to limp mode.
Get the codes read. Most common causes are turbo actuator or inlet port motor

I’ve got a 2008 E320CDi with 212k miles and just had the same issue. Could be a number of things, however, mine was the common swirl flap motor problem. Fault code P2015. I bought a bypass plug off eBay and that has solved the problem.
You can buy a fault code reader for about £10. Use it with a smartphone. Could save you a lot of money[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mb1

mb2

mb3

mb4

Yesterday i got controlled, car worked fine all day, but there was alot faults only few came back 9460 9470.
please help where to start, cleaning air flow meter ?

What is interesting is usually those faults all go to current because the inlet motor blows a fuse...

I reckon the inlet motor. Worth getting the turbo cleaned and actuator changed while it’s off

mb5

mb6

I just took some pics of my engine, can u tell me how bad it is, there is no engine light or something, care loses power, is there any easy fix like cleaning connectors ? plz some good adivce dont have a lot of money.

hey guys.
i got the power back, but there is whining noise coming, very small noise at idel, goes louder while revving.
could it be belt tensioner or some pulleys or turbo is making weird noise not spooling sound.

I’ve got a 2008 E320CDi with 212k miles and just had the same issue. Could be a number of things, however, mine was the common swirl flap motor problem. Fault code P2015. I bought a bypass plug off eBay and that has solved the problem.
You can buy a fault code reader for about £10. Use it with a smartphone. Could save you a lot of money[emoji848]

Hi has this worked as a permanent fix?
It seems I have a similar problem with my e class 350cdi 212.
The inlet port shut off has come up as one of the faults.
It read a few other faults too though.
I have asked a guy on eBay who is selling these 'plugs about it and waiting for a reply.

So far so good. Car has the power back. It worked as soon as I fitted the plug.

MikeygeeNew Member
I now have it sorted to a fashion.
I bought a resistor from eBay to install which gave me the car back as normal.
However this causes a lot of black diesel smoke from the exhaust.
Car drives fine but come MOT time it may be a problem.
Hence it was inlet port shut off motor.
I hope you all solve your problems.

MikeygeeNew Member
I now have it sorted to a fashion.
I bought a resistor from eBay to install which gave me the car back as normal.
However this causes a lot of black diesel smoke from the exhaust.
Car drives fine but come MOT time it may be a problem.
Hence it was inlet port shut off motor.
I hope you all solve your problems.

have you tried cleaning the egr vaive ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom