• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Hi all, R170 230SLK selling advice appreciated.

Car Wow reckons it can get a discount, and Tesla owners keep whinging about lead times quoted as "one month" sliding out to "three months" after the order's actually placed. Here's the car wow page

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 09.21.07.png

Last edited:
Car Wow reckons it can get a discount, and Tesla owners keep whinging about lead times quoted as "one month" sliding out to "three months" after the order's actually placed. Here's the car wow page

View attachment 142425
If you’re coming southbound on the M1 and get off at Staples Corner, take a left and just in front of Brent Cross beside the funfair are 3 enormous car parks chock full of Teslas.
There must be 500 at least.

If you’re coming southbound on the M1 and get off at Staples Corner, take a left and just in front of Brent Cross beside the funfair are 3 enormous car parks chock full of Teslas.
There must be 500 at least.
It's a real pain that "waiting for parts" thing.

But more likely just the central used stock? Someone here may know....

Ooh, fan-cy !! I thought these are still on more than a three month lead-time? And that lead-time continues to slide as delivery gets closer?

A £42k Tesla Y is a big upgrade from a £2k R170 !

Wonder if this will make Sadiq happy or sad?

View attachment 142422
I thought why not, give one a try and see how it works out - get congestion charge exemption as well so I'll be heading into town every chance I get to try and recoup some of the cost 😁😋

I ordered one via the "existing inventory" tab on the site, looked for the spec I wanted which they had and saved £4.5k doing that.

Add to that the trade in/scrappage means I saved about £6k so ended up paying £40k for a midnight silver, RWD model Y.

We don't do crazy miles and she gets free charging at work so hopefully won't cost a fortune to run.

I thought why not, give one a try and see how it works out - get congestion charge exemption as well so I'll be heading into town every chance I get to try and recoup some of the cost 😁😋
I ordered one via the "existing inventory" tab on the site, looked for the spec I wanted which they had and saved £4.5k doing that.
Add to that the trade in/scrappage means I saved about £6k so ended up paying £40k for a midnight silver, RWD model Y.
We don't do crazy miles and she gets free charging at work so hopefully won't cost a fortune to run.
To misquote Renee Zellwegger from Jerry Maguire: "You had me at free charging at work."

Free fuel, no road fund licence.... Well worth the extra few k a year on depreciation and cost of capital.

Myself, in your shoes, I would have gone for a small five year old, but Philip Scofield has warned me off that kind of thing.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 15.15.53.png

Last edited:
To misquote Renee Zellwegger from Jerry Maguire: "You had me at free charging at work."

Free fuel, no road fund licence.... Well worth the extra few k a year on depreciation and cost of capital.

Myself, in your shoes, I would have gone for a small five year old, but Philip Scofield has warned me off that kind of thing.

View attachment 142436
Nice but wanted something a bit bigger as travel into Europe a bit as have a house in Italy which should be an interesting trip.

Wish you luck figuring out charging places between here and Europe/Italy! Would be no problem in a ULEZ compliant R171 or similar, plenty of places selling E10 95RON!!

Wish you luck figuring out charging places between here and Europe/Italy! Would be no problem in a ULEZ compliant R171 or similar, plenty of places selling E10 95RON!!
I done the journey there and back last year in a friend's model 3, no issue at all with the supercharger network and only stopped a couple of extra times than I normally would and only for about 20 mins each time - time enough to use a loo etc.

I did do the journey a few times in the SLK and it was equally a great drive for different reasons.

Free fuel, no road fund licence....
He will be paying road fund in about 18 months (from 2025)....and from what other Tesla owners are saying, that's about when he will get the "car"!........... :) so that's handy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom