Hi, Whats this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveskeggy

Car
S55 AMG
Hi.
I have been rebuilding the top end, replacing the chains and shoes, and new water and oil pumps on my 2003 S55 AMG
I took a load of pictures on the strip down, and labled all the wires.
Then banged my head when it came to the rebuild, when I found the SD card was corrupt, which meant I lost all my pictures, and the so-called indelible ink had worn off all the labels...
So I have been using my memory, and the internet, and my copy of WIS/ASRA to do the rebuild.
Got on well so far, managed the rebuild of the timing chain/cover/camshaft timing ok, had the heads skimmed a little because there was a small scratch on one which I could snag what finger nails I have left.
Test fitted the Supercharger, then realised I have what looks like a water port which I cant remember what goes there.
IMG_4504
I took the supercharger out again so that You could see the port better, which is why there are no cloths down the inlet ports.
I would imagine that a lot of M113 engines have the same heads, and would have this port, but I simply cant remember what goes there, and cant find any photos or videos to give me a clue.
Can anyone help?

Nothing goes in there. It’s like that by design.

Great stuff, thanks.
I thought I was going crackers.
Oh hang on, I already am..

That’s the nuclear flux capacitor intake system. Can’t believe Alex didnt know that.

That’s the nuclear flux capacitor intake system. Can’t believe Alex didnt know that.
1-21-gigawatts-great-scott.jpg.png
1-21-gigawatts-great-scott-jpg.8017

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom