Hit a Bollard :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C250BLUE

Car
mb
DDTwTGQ
Hi,

I accidentally hit a bollard yesterday
Which has damaged the driver side bumper on my Mercedes c class (2018) . I'm gutted as i've only had the car less then a year.

I took the car to an approved mercedes bodyshop and they are saying I need a new bumper which I find hard to believe for such a small amount of damage.

Going by the pictures do you think I need a new bumper or are they just trying it on?

I live in Barking essex, can anyone a good recommend a bodyshop to repair the damage.

Thanks

pictures of damage:

car-damage

I would say that’s repairable.

obviously the bumper will have to come off as the carrier/ bracket is damaged.

Easily repaired that, being a main dealer they won't want to repair it just put all new parts on and paint it. That's how they make there money

DDTwTGQ
Hi,

I live in Barking essex, can anyone a good recommend a bodyshop to repair the damage.

Thanks

pictures of damage:

car-damage

Five or six years ago I had an MB repaired at Dunmow Coachworks. It's run by a couple of guys who used to work for MB approved repairer. I've no connection with them other than I found them to provide good quality work at reasonable rates. Fairly quick run up the M11 for you.

About Dunmow Coachworks

Thanks for the replies all.

I took my car to another Mercedes approved bodyshop and they also said I need a new bumper and quoted me £1500.
Appreantly there are pins which connects the bumper to the body of the car which have snapped off and thats why I need a new bumper o_O

Load of tosh I think.

I don't really want to got through insurance as I made a claim about 7 months ago when my other C class got nicked.

Frequently it's the difference between a repair that they will warrant (i.e. to the standards of a new car), and a repair that gets the job done. The former dictates new parts, the latter means patching the existing ones up. If it's your money, you'll probably accept the latter.

Do you actually own the car or is it on finance?
If the latter ...

I had a similar damage from a car park tap... broke a head lamp mount also which meant either a headlamp repair bracket (looks ****, just a piece of plastic self tapped into the light body) or a new headlight. Mine was 2.5k....

You can get repair kits for the bumper cover lugs which snap off, but lining up is a nightmare, a new skin will fit as it should. If you skimp on it, you will know it.

Also you should replace the parking sensors.... I had no end of trouble with these after the bumper cover was replaced, within a year all had been replaced in 3 separate visits to the bodyshop/dealer.

I own the car [emoji17]

I think I might as well get the work done through insurance even though they paid me out £25k seven months ago. They will hate me lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Totally repairable by a decent body shop. I’d expect that to be £250-300 and definitely not a replacement bumper.

Not worth an insurance claim in my opinion mate.

As above must be repairable,

I own the car [emoji17]

Definitely get that sorted by an independent bodyshop then. With a little heat they'll probably be able to massage the worst of that out. You'll pay far more in premium hikes by claiming.

If it were me I'd just pop the bumper back into place and deal with it when I felt suitably inclined.

Hi All,

I thought I'd update you all.

So I took the car in to a car bodyshop recommended by my old man on Monday, and I picked it up today.
Really please with the repair.

All fixed for £350.00.

Can't believe what some people were quoting, £1500, £1200, £800 :mad:

:):):)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191113-010005_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191113-010005_Gallery.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 44
The mrs scraped the paint off a door panel on our smart car forfour and merc Epsom quoted gbp 2k+ to respray :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom