Hotel Jardines De Nivaria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Anyone been here?

Looking for some feedback.

Is Tenerife that bad then?

I've never been, the missus hasn't for 30 years.

The hotel comes highly recommended, we don't intend wandering far from the hotel and it's environs.

We've been to Tenerife 9 times in 12 years. We always go in December so Canaries is decent (ish) weather at that time of year without a massively long flight.

We have stayed here every time:

Hotel Guayarmina Princess in Costa Adeje | Thomson

Not too expensive and all staff are really friendly and attentive.

Only problem is the volcanic beaches. Lanzarote has the nicest sand of all the Canaries.

Sorry for my ramblings. I've not really helped you with your hotel querie.

Ant.

Okie dokie.

Just had a word with Mrs Ant. She has friends that have stayed there and apparently the hotel you're asking about is a stunner. The only reason we've never stayed there is price. It's a little out of our range.

Deb said if you're not beach people (it's kinda up and out of the main resort) then might be worth considering this too:

Sensatori Resort Tenerife in Guia de Isora | Thomson

Is there any particular reason you're thinking Tenerife? The only reason we go is because it's December.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
La Palma Princess and Spa is lovely for cheap all inclusive holidays. Nicer than Tenerife as an island.

Thanks Ant, we are thinking Canaries because it's March this year and France and Northern Spain won't have warmed up yet.

The hotel in question has been given superb reviews by a couple of friends and my Mrs has worked so hard in 2015 that a week or so away without involving our usual Continental roadtrip would be welcome. I, of course, would just be tagging on!

Thanks Ant, we are thinking Canaries because it's March this year and France and Northern Spain won't have warmed up yet.

The hotel in question has been given superb reviews by a couple of friends and my Mrs has worked so hard in 2015 that a week or so away without involving our usual Continental roadtrip would be welcome. I, of course, would just be tagging on!

Well, I'd say go for it mate. It'll be lovely I'm sure. Let us know how it goes.

Ant.

La Palma Princess and Spa is lovely for cheap all inclusive holidays. Nicer than Tenerife as an island.

Thanks for that Stu. We'll check that one out. Sounds silly but we're not overly keen on Tenerife, we just love that particular hotel. Every time we try another place we compare it to the Guayarmina Princess.

We'll maybe try it this December.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Princess hotels are great to be honest.

Stayed at the Maspalamos Princess in Gran Can too and that's ace.

If you fancy something really nice try Rio De Oro Royal Service in Cuba!

I'd go for it and can second the sansatori hotel we stayed there a few years ago and it was good.

We always winter holidayed in the canaries but the last few years the weather has not been good. Was in Lanzarote in October and it was freezing and poured down. March 2015 we were in Gran canaria temp only just got into double figures.

This year We are going to Cyprus in April. Arizona in August and probably Dubai or South Africa for winter with the Rand/£ excahange rate it would be rude not to

I'd go for it and can second the sansatori hotel we stayed there a few years ago and it was good.

We always winter holidayed in the canaries but the last few years the weather has not been good. Was in Lanzarote in October and it was freezing and poured down. March 2015 we were in Gran canaria temp only just got into double figures.

This year We are going to Cyprus in April. Arizona in August and probably Dubai or South Africa for winter with the Rand/£ excahange rate it would be rude not to

Yes, we fancy trying the Sensatori too Ian. Looks great.

And I'll second the winter weather also. Decembers of late are nowhere near as hot as they used to be. TBH though with Debs being poorly Canaries is about the max travelling time she can manage. Always fancied The Caribbean but she's not allowed the vaccinations and with no immune system she can't risk going without them.

And finally don't go looking for sympathy on here because you're only going away 3 times this year! :eek:

Ant. :D

Yes, we fancy trying the Sensatori too Ian. Looks great.

And I'll second the winter weather also. Decembers of late are nowhere near as hot as they used to be. TBH though with Debs being poorly Canaries is about the max travelling time she can manage. Always fancied The Caribbean but she's not allowed the vaccinations and with no immune system she can't risk going without them.

And finally don't go looking for sympathy on here because you're only going away 3 times this year! :eek:

Ant. :D

I have to confess I get very cheap or free holidays. I fly just short of 500,000 miles a year with work so the air miles rack up pretty quickly. In fact so fast the rest of the family benefit too. I'm Gold status on BA Exec club one world, Lufthansa Star Alliance and KLM Skyteam

Are there any of the Caribbean islands that don't need vaccinations? I know when we looked at Antigua you needed Hep A&B, MMR and Tetanus -Diptheria.

I've never had vaccinations for Carribbean. Barbados was like England with sun so wouldn't bother with jabs at all.

I've never had vaccinations for Carribbean. Barbados was like England with sun so wouldn't bother with jabs at all.

Tbh Stu we would never even take that chance with Debbie. Her non existent immune system makes her prone to everything. Just being exposed to air conditioning on a flight takes its toll on the poor girl. (But she never complains & always smiling. Mind you, she's got me, why wouldn't she smile??? :D)

Ant.

Tbh Stu we would never even take that chance with Debbie. Her non existent immune system makes her prone to everything. Just being exposed to air conditioning on a flight takes its toll on the poor girl. (But she never complains & always smiling. Mind you, she's got me, why wouldn't she smile??? :D)

Ant.

Better to be safe than sorry. La Palma is my favourite island still in canaries/the world so far.

Better to be safe than sorry. La Palma is my favourite island still in canaries/the world so far.

Cheers Stuart. We've looked at the hotel you mentioned. Looked great. All being well we'll try to get there this year. :thumb:

Cheers Stuart. We've looked at the hotel you mentioned. Looked great. All being well we'll try to get there this year. :thumb:

Hire car is a must to see the island. Please drive to the top of the volcano the view is simply breathtaking.

I recommend two restaurants:

La Muralla
La Gaviota

Did you make the booking for March Lew?

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom