• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How to replace the Blower Motor on my W169. Very little space.

a150dunebeige

Car
2005 A150 (W169)
Hello,
The blower motor on my 2005 W169 A150 has started blowing heater resistors and is making an unholy noise. It's time to replace the blower motor and I managed to get one to swap in.

The problems I am encountering are related to the tight space where the blower motor is fitted. If I remove the one retaining screw on the blower motor casing (bottom left I think) will I actually be able to get the old one out and the new one in. There is very little space in the area and I don't want to proceed unless I am sure this will all work out.

I did watch one or two poorly shot Youtube videos but they didn't convince me that the old one will fit out through the gap to the left of the clutch.

Can anyone help me or reassure me that the old blower motor will definitely slide out, or is there more work to do to make the gap bigger by removing something else?

Thanks for any help or advice
Justin.

I am also having a problem with this and have got the new motor in having taken it apart to fit it in the hole. Now for the life of me I cannot get it to twist in.

It does twist in anti clockwise?

I seem to be doing everything right but it just won’t go.

Worried being a non genuine part it is never going to click in place.

Last edited:
Wrong part?

So, what happened next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom