initial impressions of new E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:)

mind oyu, I don't quite see the point of puddle lights under the mirrors *and* under the front doors, given they're only a few inches apart.

calum said:
:)

mind oyu, I don't quite see the point of puddle lights under the mirrors *and* under the front doors, given they're only a few inches apart.

Totally agree,
It might purely be extra flood lighting for the Mice Cup FinaI, don't want any excuses about bad light stopping play! (Morphine and a lack of coffee cutting in ;) )

It might explain why this fitting was withdrawn? (The Cup final was fixed ;) )

Take care,
John

The under mirror lights do shine nicely down the side of the car though to light it up! Doesn't have quite the same effect if the mirrors are folded in.

saorbust said:
Thats called cornering light assist (I think) and is only on the new SLK and the CLS Class. Dealer is talking crap.
Interesting. I've just noted in my manual, under the "Display Messages" section (i.e. error messages) the message:

"Hdlmp cornering Back-up lamp on!" - "The active cornering light is faulty. Another lamp has taken over its function.

I wonder what this is referring to? The ALS system perhaps, which I *do* have? I didn't realise that other lamps could "take over" this feature, though.

calum said:
Interesting. I've just noted in my manual, under the "Display Messages" section (i.e. error messages) the message:

"Hdlmp cornering Back-up lamp on!" - "The active cornering light is faulty. Another lamp has taken over its function.

I wonder what this is referring to? The ALS system perhaps, which I *do* have? I didn't realise that other lamps could "take over" this feature, though.

Hi Calum,
Page 370 in my manual and it gives the exact same warning message. I think dealers have a hard time keeping up with the differing, ever changing options that are available. It is certainly not uncommon for the customer to receive incorrect information on what his car has, or does not have!

Members here may criticise the sales staff for not keeping up todate and in some respects I agree with this. To expect them though to be able to answer all a customers questions without referring to a reference book is grossly unfair. I have just looked up your message warning in my manual, these warnings start on page 344 and go on to page 378!

In my previous field of expertise, if a trainee asked a question I always tried to give an honest answer. If I was unsure, I would simply say I was unsure and would get an answer as soon as was possible. Sales staff however tend to 'flannel' customers and give either an answer the customer wants to hear, or one that suits the sales person.

Saorbust is correct to perhaps 'politely' ;) disagree with the advice you were given.

Take care,
John

Good luck with your excellent new car which

Got my spangly hardcover CLS brochure in the post yesterday. Very nice. Invited to the Cambridge launch too, next Weds, but don't think I will go. Don't want to get too jealous.

There was one parked outside our hotel in Paris, back in January; looked wonderful in the flesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom