Intelligent lighting system inoperative' warning - intermittent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kamalpatel12448

Car
C63 (W204) and C240 (W202) - just not at the same time!
Hi folks,

I have an issue as the title says, in my W204 C63. Now what is interesting is this came up when the car had been standing so the usual thinking applied....might be low battery voltage etc.

Anyway, this message is consistently appearing now, but only every other drive, so once it doesn't appear and the next time it's there, which I find peculiar.

If this was a pure bulb/hardware fault I would expect the message to be there every time, so it makes me suspicious about software and there is a just too much in cars now. And, as far as I can see everything on the lighting front is in working order.

Glad for any experiences and guidance on this from the smart people here.

Thanks,
Kamal

Hi folks,

I have an issue as the title says, in my W204 C63. Now what is interesting is this came up when the car had been standing so the usual thinking applied....might be low battery voltage etc.

Anyway, this message is consistently appearing now, but only every other drive, so once it doesn't appear and the next time it's there, which I find peculiar.

If this was a pure bulb/hardware fault I would expect the message to be there every time, so it makes me suspicious about software and there is a just too much in cars now. And, as far as I can see everything on the lighting front is in working order.

Glad for any experiences and guidance on this from the smart people here.

Thanks,
Kamal

I had a stupid issue with mine,in that the camera above the interior mirror couldn't see as there was bird shit on the windscreen in front of it.
This stops the system from working

I had a stupid issue with mine,in that the camera above the interior mirror couldn't see as there was bird shit on the windscreen in front of it.
This stops the system from working

Now that is an interesting and stupid issue to have, but the car is clean so I'm pretty sure no issue with bird ding causing the problem.

Interesting thread - thank you! Glad it worked to be so simple, hoping mine is same situation, no new windscreen yet, so wondering if a connector has come loose now.

If you get a new windscreen, the camera needs to be calibrated.
Your windscreen fitter should do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom