iPod interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did you you connect your new (used?) hu to the existing aux socket?
just with the original block that unplugged from the old HU. Unplugged old unit and plugged in new one.

Anything from Halfords.

The OEM kit is expensive because it is old and rare..but it will work, unlike many Chinese 3D printed fakes
yeah I looked at going to something like what halfords would sell but I like the originality of OEM

I'm guessing that the media interface adapter that came with your old HU is not compatible with the new HU. So it looks like you may need to get the right cable like Alfie said. Maybe you can check with the seller who sold you the NTG2.5 unit if he also has the media interface that came with it (e.g. if it's a breakers yard etc).

I'm guessing that the media interface adapter that came with your old HU is not compatible with the new HU. So it looks like you may need to get the right cable like Alfie said. Maybe you can check with the seller who sold you the NTG2.5 unit if he also has the media interface that came with it (e.g. if it's a breakers yard etc).

There is no interface with the HU I brought. ive had it a week plugged straight into the harness from the car that was unplugged from old stereo.so unplugged old one and plugged the block straight in. sat nav and radio work but not aux. I purchased a second hand interface with wiring harness and that makes no difference everything works apart from interface and aux. so does the empty port that I believe is audio/ video the one that powers the aux on the ntg2.5 because obviously the block is wired up different

If you didn’t have sat nav on the unit you removed, where did you mount the GPS receiver for the replacement unit?

As you have found, aux on an earlier car and that on an NTG 2.5 is different. Its wired differently.

Have you also added the bluetooth antenna and fixed the power to the FM antenna amp?

Happy to fix it all for you. Please call the office on 01276 474900 for an appointment. They can discuss timing and costs with you. You are going to need some parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom