• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Is a 168 comfy enough for 1500 miles?

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Just looking for a little review from 168 owners or those that had one
Looking to travel in summer and wanted to know if the 168 can cope with 3000 return trip for a family of 5

The idea of the A class is simply to try and get my other half to drive it afterwards

I've never owned or driven one, but a lot depends on the size and age of the 3 back seat passengers and the amount of luggage, along with intended daily mileage I would think.

Sorry can't help on the capability, but if everything is checked over first I don't see any reason why not.
Link to an old Top Gear review on the 168 W168 Old Top Gear Mercedes Benz A-Class - YouTube

Last edited:
If its the LWB version, its meant to have more rear legroom than a W220 S-Class

If its the LWB version, its meant to have more rear legroom than a W220 S-Class

The rear passengers is my kids so not much room needed but was thinking for the LWB anyway

I had a loan W168 when camping in Spain for 2 weeks. As a car to drive it was good enough. Though the boot was full with camping bags for two people. I think with 5 people it would be very tight indeed / too tight. On paper the boot is larger than a Focus of the same age, but somehow it didn't look that way to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom