Is an A5 bigger than an A4?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted96908

Is an A5 bigger than an A4?

Here's what Google said:

upload_2018-7-8_22-56-14.png

Stupid machine had me staring at the above for a good few seconds before I realised it was talking about paper sizes.

Which made me think. How close are we to intelligent computers? By that I mean truly intelligent, self aware machines. Thinking Data in Star Trek and by that I mean 'his' intellect/mind, not his physical characteristics.

Computer crew, any thoughts?

We already have the technology, and it's being beta-tested on this very site.

Few people know this, but 'grober' is in fact a NASA codename for a massive neural network developed by their AI department. Try it: just ask him anything.

(grober this was a compliment ;) )

I just finished watching Tao and was thinking much the same. I looked at our little lounge dot, the wife had just gone to bed before me.

I said "Alexa turn off everything" tv went off, then the sky receiver, all the downstairs lights and our outside driveway lights, the security system monitor screen turned off.

I was feeling quite proud of my automation system so I said "Alexa play fanfare for the common man on bedroom dot" got to top of the stairs and wife shouts "what the F*** was that", I said fanfare for the common man just announcing my arrival in the bedroom dear with a wink, she then completely deflates my ego by saying "after all that you forgot to bring the fan up as I asked you" !

I don't think full star trek automation quite there yet but we are on our way.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I said "Alexa turn off everything" tv went off, then the sky receiver, all the downstairs lights and our outside driveway lights, the security system monitor screen turned off.

How does this work? How does it connect to sky box etc? Thanks :)

You didn't give it enough context.

Look on YouTube for Google Duplex. Soon your Android device will be able to make phone calls for you in the background, and people are kicking off that it's unethical as it's basically impossible to tell you're talking to a robot.

How does this work? How does it connect to sky box etc? Thanks :)

Likely smart sockets? But if they're cutting the power to the sky box, that'd be a pain, mine takes an age to wake up. Is the filesystem even journaling?

You didn't give it enough context.

Look on YouTube for Google Duplex. Soon your Android device will be able to make phone calls for you in the background, and people are kicking off that it's unethical as it's basically impossible to tell you're talking to a robot.
Makes calls using my mobile now using the Mastermind App and of course you can call any other Alexa FOC ..

Integrated Harmony remote with Alexa, changes channel and volume by voice too...

Sounds cool! Will look it up :)

Likely smart sockets? But if they're cutting the power to the sky box, that'd be a pain, mine takes an age to wake up. Is the filesystem even journaling?
I use smart sockets for lamps/driveway lights but lightwave smart switches for rooms.

Harmony is great for AV Alexa unlike Google integrates with my Sonos sound system so I can play any music in any room by voice command.

I stopped at this as it was all getting too much for the wife to keep up with as she suffers with Fibromyalgia brain fog but you can connect your heating thermostat, door bell/camera and radiator thermostats too.

You can create an overnight mood which keeps the always-on items running, like security systems, TV boxes, etc.

Check this out, it ain't half scary, but there it is. No wonder Stephen Hawking was afraid of AI.

I am pleased I'm old.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check this out, it ain't half scary, but there it is. No wonder Stephen Hawking was afraid of AI.

I am pleased I'm old.

Pointless it can't walk, cook or do the housework, give me Happytalk's Tea Maid any day, now that is nearly as sexy as my Samsung Navibot Hoover [emoji23]

I am pleased I'm old.

Why is is that the people involved in the robot sex industry look so damn weird? Creating even weirder creations. A cross eyed, big boobed, half wit with the voice of an English speaking Geisha. Is that where it's heading?

Yep!

The TLVF's won't let us near anything else.

Why is is that the people involved in the robot sex industry look so damn weird? Creating even weirder creations. A cross eyed, big boobed, half wit with the voice of an English speaking Geisha. Is that where it's heading?
They clearly know their target market

They clearly know their target market

I'm pleased I unignored that, that made me laugh!!

Carry on like this and I might take you off the list permanently. :)

I'm pleased I unignored that, that made me laugh!!

Carry on like this and I might take you off the list permanently. :)

I don't use the ignore list. Instead I scroll past those I can't be bothered with.

but you can connect your heating thermostat, door bell/camera and radiator thermostats too.

Does that mean when a parcel gets delivered, the house is suddenly is hotter than hades, and you get a photo of yourself sweating profusely :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom