• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

is it possible to have No engine warning light, but multiple error codes?

nj80

Car
C class coupe 250D 4matic
Hi all, new to this! I just purchased my second w205 250d coupe (2017) and the drive is a little off and millage is poor... is it possible to have No engine warning light, but multiple error codes? is there a known reason that could happen as ive seen someone else ask, but hasn't gotten a response yet

I used Carly scanner which showed the following
P229F85 The NOx sensor 2 (cylinder bank 1) has a malfunction.

U010000 Communication with the control unit 'combustion engine' has a malfunction.

U11A300 Communication with control unit 'Multifunction camera' has a malfunction.

U016887 Communication with the electronic ignition lock has a malfunction.

B1F4500 The starter battery has excessive resistance.

B21059A The capacity of the starter battery is too low. The operating conditions for the component or the system are not satisfied.

U010000-Communication with the control unit 'combustion engine' has a malfunction.

U041600-Implausible data were received from control unit 'Traction system'.
U010000 : Communication with the control unit 'combustion engine' has a malfunction. / -Communication with the control unit 'combustion engine' has a malfunction. / C10000 Communication with the control unit 'combustion engine' has a malfunction.

If anyone can advise I just would like to get a better understanding when I deal with the company and warranty or I may just give the car back... thanks

Yes it can happen.

A lot of codes are stored in the car and can be historic.

Erase the codes and see which ones come back after 1 week - most of the time nothing to worry about

Also, even if an error code is current, it does not have put the the MIL lamp on. It only has to be lit for faults that are deemed to be emission relevant.

To be emission relevant the faults have to be in an OBD node (module), eg engine, transmission, dosing control module etc. From the description and codes you show, some of those won't be from an OBD node.

There is another scenario, that is a pending fault.
Some faults, even if emission relevant will not illuminate the MIL on the first occurrence. Some will need the fault to occur in multiple drive cycles, typically 3.

There is another scenario, that is a pending fault.
Some faults, even if emission relevant will not illuminate the MIL on the first occurrence. Some will need the fault to occur in multiple drive cycles, typically 3.
oh gotcha! thanks for explaining the pending code. I guess I'll wait and see after clearing the faults earlier on. so far only one has returned

Also, even if an error code is current, it does not have put the the MIL lamp on. It only has to be lit for faults that are deemed to be emission relevant.

To be emission relevant the faults have to be in an OBD node (module), eg engine, transmission, dosing control module etc. From the description and codes you show, some of those won't be from an OBD node.i would have thought anything to do with a fault on the NOX sensor would hit the emissions?

Answered on the other side. Yes as above, not all codes generate the light as well
Yes it can happen.

A lot of codes are stored in the car and can be historic.

Erase the codes and see which ones come back after 1 week - most of the time nothing to worry about
done thanks. so far only one of the minor faults have returned so I'll give it awhile before scanning again

Yes When I bought my well used 2006 MB The first thing I bought was an iCarSoft scanner . No EML lights on the dash but loads of historic 'faults' stored including one that stated that the car had no transmission installed ??

I cleared the lot and none have come back since .... that was 5 years ago.

Yes When I bought my well used 2006 MB The first thing I bought was an iCarSoft scanner . No EML lights on the dash but loads of historic 'faults' stored including one that stated that the car had no transmission installed ??

I cleared the lot and none have come back since .... that was 5 years ago.
wow! well getting the responses has put my mind at ease for now lol with only one light returned regarding a communication issue marked as minor I am just being giving it enough time and will be driving it over the weekend to then rescan and see what's what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom