• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

It Never Rains But It Pours...

Are we getting warm though? One thing that has come out of this thread is that ive discovered a whole host of weird/interesting cars! Joe Macari for instance has a Dallara Stradale - im not really into supercars but if i was i'd for sure go for something like the Dallara rather than the ubiquitous Lambo or Ferrari (not that i have anything against either)
That's a new one on me

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 13.58.34.png

TBH That part of the description had me about out of ideas. Coming up short of anything I’m mildly familiar with.
Ah are you thinking fully enclosed, like having spats? I was thinking more conventional (as the Dallara above) but with the fronts having more like the swoopy cycle wings a la Lotus 7 (but that's a challenge in itself!)

Without further visual confirmation I'm afraid this is destined to become a "How long is a piece of string?" thread

The obvious issue is that it may have a kit car, a production car that was heavily modified with a body kit, in which case we may never know what it actually was....

To the OP, I am afraid that this thread isn't going to last for very long. If you were more composed and actually used your mobile phone to take a photo of the car, the thread would have survived. To clarify, we may have never identified the car as such, but there would be pages and pages of posts from people berating you for using the phone on one hand (pun not intended) and people defending you on the other hand... :D

It doesn't really matter whether or not we get a winner. It's all a bit of fun. It's not like there's f&ck all else interesting happening on the forum at the mo :)

Very close to being a race car for the road. Remarkably handsome for that type of car too.
From what I can work out you can also swap between Barchetta, Roadster and Coupe configuration just by swapping components. Seems ingenious if that’s the case. But best of all (in my opinion) it has a proper gear stick!

Could you post a picture of a car if the type you have in mind, or a summary of the key features and your estimate of age?
DoberMan's picture is not far off, but the screen looks too squared-off, the rollover hoops were separate, and the rear wheels were in conventional wheel arches. It's the closest I've seen, though.

One other feature comes to mind; I think the rear spoiler was a shallow V shape, not straight, and with end plates.

Last edited:
mmm...

Last edited:
Elise? VX220?

AC Cobra (or replica)?

Now THIS
0fc325ab-dfe8-4b62-864e-17e5d65887ed-jpeg.136321

(as just posted by Darrell in another thread) has front wheelarch treatment wellnigh identical to whatever it was that I saw. Anybody know what company makes that style of bodykit?

Now THIS
0fc325ab-dfe8-4b62-864e-17e5d65887ed-jpeg.136321

(as just posted by Darrell in another thread) has front wheelarch treatment wellnigh identical to whatever it was that I saw. Anybody know what company makes that style of bodykit?
It has the hallmarks of a FAB Design body kit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow, that's naff. Plenty plenty money, no taste at all.

You have good taste. The Brabus SLR in black is stunning and IMHO were one of the few tuners who actually improved the SLR (moats tuners ruined them!).

1674934300205.jpeg

That said, i wanted to zhuzh-up an SLR today then I’d call MSO first.

1674934622875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom