• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

It Never Rains But It Pours...

I keep thinking about the single wiper thing - not many cars with small aero type screens with only a single wiper?

(probably rules out most Morgan cars also?) :doh:

I keep thinking about the single wiper thing - not many cars with small aero type screens with only a single wiper?

(probably rules out most Morgan cars also?) :doh:
I thought it might be an early Aero and this very car at (link to Instagram) but it has a proper screen and covered wheels.

Lotus 340R from your description I’d have said
Not that; it has open wheels.
Or a Plymouth Prowler maybe?
Not that either. Nor a Morgan.

111TOY is a Ferrari Sf90 Spider S-A so not that!
J111TOY is a Streetka Luxury
Nothing else possible.

It's possible, nay probable, that I misremembered the registration; I'm sure about the TOY part, though.
I’m guessing it was all a dream @E55BOF 😁
Not for the driver, it wasn't... :eek:

Transformer toy looks, spoiler on pillars and the wing description makes me think some sort of JDM roadster with a Rocket Bunny bodykit - specifically the sprouty wheelarch extensions that fade into the bonnet line with no rear.

Otherwise Suzuki Cappuccino maybe? The twin arch vents would give that sort of impression of the swoosh.

Last edited:
Definitely not the Suzuki; much more modern looks.

Indeed I was.

Fwiw my suggested length of string..: How about a Ferrari SP3
Tapering body, single wiper, open roof etc,,,

Without further visual confirmation I'm afraid this is destined to become a "How long is a piece of string?" thread

The obvious issue is that it may have a kit car, a production car that was heavily modified with a body kit, in which case we may never know what it actually was....

To the OP, I am afraid that this thread isn't going to last for very long. If you were more composed and actually used your mobile phone to take a photo of the car, the thread would have survived. To clarify, we may have never identified the car as such, but there would be pages and pages of posts from people berating you for using the phone on one hand (pun not intended) and people defending you on the other hand... :D

E55BOF- could you sketch a picture? This has turned into an eye worm for me and i can't stop thinking what it could be! I'm sure we won't laugh much at your artistic talents! :)

Definitely two wheels at the back?

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 11.52.34.png

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 11.52.50.png

I can't tell if ''The rear wheels were fully enclosed'' means fully enclosed as in older cars with spats, or merely not open wheel ie, conventional.
Some detail of proportions would help - might narrow it down re engine location.

Definitely four-wheeled. Conventional rear wheel arches. It was quite short and wide, wider than a Smart Roadster convertible but otherwise with similar proportions , so I think more likely mid-engined with a small engine. Then again, it could have been (small) front-engined with a folding top that was U/S. I'm certain there was only one wiper.

I have no artistic talent, I'm afraid, so I cannot provide a sketch. The rollover hoops were quite distinctive in shape - fairly narrow parabola, definitely not semicircular.

While by no means the same, there was something about the rear view that put me in mind of a Civic Type R from about 2015; perhaps the style of design? I think Doodle may be right, and it was a JDM import, perhaps with a bodykit. I've certainly not seen one like it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom