• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Jaguar LandRover Want Bail-out Cash.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
It's not just GM and Ford and Chrysler in the USA that are in trouble and asking the govt for financial help. According to the Sunday Times Tata are asking the UK govt for aid due to plumetting sales figures and heavy losses. LandRover sales were down 58% in October.

It's not just GM and Ford and Chrysler in the USA that are in trouble and asking the govt for financial help. According to the Sunday Times Tata are asking the UK govt for aid due to plumetting sales figures and heavy losses. LandRover sales were down 58% in October.

Well I think that Gordon and Alistair need a big pat on the back for the advanced planning they put in on the last two budgets.

Clearly they were anticipating this which is why VED on RR's was raised so that they could reinject the increased VED revenues back into to Jaguar Land Rover as a loan.

:rolleyes:

That would sum the UK up, giving loans to an Indian company while UK companies go under in a recession.

Russ

If any money is given , it should be the same as the banks , loans that need to be paid back.

Maybe Landrover are in trouble because their cars are less reliable than an '80s Lada? :rolleyes:

Well I think that Gordon and Alistair need a big pat on the back for the advanced planning they put in on the last two budgets.

Clearly they were anticipating this which is why VED on RR's was raised so that they could reinject the increased VED revenues back into to Jaguar Land Rover as a loan.

:rolleyes:

Agree with sentiments expressed here.

Almost wilful destruction of British jobs. Just focussed on short term revenue dressed up as a green agenda.

Agree with sentiments expressed here.

Almost wilful destruction of British jobs. Just focussed on short term revenue dressed up as a green agenda.

Sorry but Land Rover Jaguar are now in TATA's hands because their Parent company Ford America in the States is virtually bankrupt and had to have a "firesale". :crazy: Why are they bankrupt? Well one reason is that they concentrated on the production of large fuel inefficient 4 wheel drive trucks at the expense of smaller lighter fuel efficient vehicles. :eek: Now LANDROVER are in trouble cos their sales are down 58% Does anyone see a pattern emerging here!:rolleyes:

Sorry but Land Rover Jaguar are now in TATA's hands because their Parent company Ford America in the States is virtually bankrupt and had to have a "firesale". :crazy: Why are they bankrupt? Well one reason is that they concentrated on the production of large fuel inefficient 4 wheel drive trucks at the expense of smaller lighter fuel efficient vehicles. :eek: Now LANDROVER are in trouble cos their sales are down 58% Does anyone see a pattern emerging here!:rolleyes:
Yes. The beard and sandal brigade are slowly killing off large cars. Shame.

Nothing to do with the fact these things are not particularly cheap to buy and maintain and drink fuel. Oh and there's a global recession.

Blame the greens anyway its all their fault :)

Ade

Why are so abusive toward people that have a different view to yours, especially when theirs is based on accepted wisdom.?

Why are so abusive toward people that have a different view to yours, especially when theirs is based on accepted wisdom.?

I fear his views are based either on ignorance or political dogma.

Karl
(owns sandals but no beard)

Why does Jaguar want a hand out, their sales are up both month on month (22%) and year to date (11%).

Sounds like a private company attempting to blackmail the taxpayer.

Been done before but in the shape of hidden subsidies/Regional Development Incentives for Japanese car makers.

Because he has a right to free speech like everyone else , including you. Thats his view and this is yours. :)

simple....!

p.s. Hawk20 is right btw:cool:

I think the new Jag, XF is it? is quite nice other than that thier range doesn't appeal to me,onto Land Rover and I speak from experience, they make for the most part great cars, thier off road ability is brilliant when compared with most rivals-if you had to go off road would you rather be in a Range Rover or an ML or X5?, the problem is thier reliabilty and quality control issues which is why many a thinking man or woman would say "none of the above thanks I would rather be in a Land Cruiser", if they could sort out the niggles and constant irritations with thier products they would be in a much better position than they are, until they get rid of he unreliability rep thier going to suffer badly.

Because he has a right to free speech like everyone else , including you. Thats his view and this is yours. :)

simple....!

I wasn't questioning his right to have an oppinion and to air that, just asking why it was Ok to be abusive towards others with different ones.

But if that's ok, then let's forget decency and let the mud slinging begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom