• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Juratek brake discs/pads

RTs4me

Car
c220cdi estate
Can anybody please report on Juratek brand brake discs and pads. Prices seem to be very good.

Are they a secondary brand to Jurid?

To fit 2019 C-Class 205 AMG-line estate. Many thanks for any comments/experience.

draw your own conclusions

Last edited:
Put the autodoc app on your phone much better prices for higher quality. Mercedes use TRW on cars from factory

Put the autodoc app on your phone much better prices for higher quality. Mercedes use TRW on cars from factory
I don't think this blanket statement is entirely accurate.

Mercs come from factory with a lot of different pad / brake disc combinations. Brembo on the AMGs, some have ATE pads. The rears on my W205 are Jurid

I love this forum , ask a simple very specific question especially about a particular brand/make and you will get all sorts of 'advice' you did not need , particularly when it comes to brakes and tyres.

OP ? I have never heard of Juratek but for what it's worth regarding your question (absolutely nothing :)) I have Brembo discs all 'round (OEM) mated to Akebono Carbon ceramic pad's .

See ? totally useless info . I do hope your question gets a sensible answer soon. :banana:

The mechanic I use has been fitting Juratek for a while. It's his goto.

Not so high up on Euro Car Parts internal leaked info.

64C1B501-B951-41EA-9CD0-1B4764125E71.jpg

Just to bring this thread to a close:

I bought the Juratek discs and pads and fitted them today. The discs are coated with a silver/grey paint on the hub section, but the braking area is not painted and was supplied with a generous coating of anti-corrosion oil. Pads have an anti-squeal/anti-rattle plate on the rear and an abrasive initial wear strip on the braking surface. All look to be good quality and well made. Fitting was easy, with no unexpected problems.

Total cost for vented/cross drilled discs and pads was £124, plus about £5 for a new pad wear sensor (I never try to re-use these - I always fit a new one).

My 'test drive' experience was good. Plenty of initial 'bite' and no juddering or noise etc. Time will tell on wear rates and durability etc, but at the price, I'm happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom