Just How Stupid Can the 'Woke' Culture Get...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather smacks of a non-story put about by the PC woke BBC...

The BBC are a disgrace. As the national broadcaster they should have been taking the lead in retaining a common sense approach but I suppose it's no surprise they don't given the left wing bias. There is no help to be found in that direction when the Labour party aren't prepared to define the word woman.

I think this is strong political issue for me. I couldn't possibly vote for a party that is afraid to denounce nonsense.

Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic (I think...). I've long since lost track of the meaning of that other tail-wagging-the-dog term LGBTQ++, though, and I can't be bothered to look it up.

I don't get how having problems at birth is down to racism when a very large number of nurse's are Asian
It seems just lately everything is blamed on racism .
Beats me

Your logic is so irrefutable.

Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic. I've long since lost track of the meaning of that other tail-wagging-the-dog term LGBTQ++, though, and I can't be bothered to look it up.

As I get older I think this tendency to introduce new terms and acronyms is actually Ageist.

Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic (I think...). I've long since lost track of the meaning of that other tail-wagging-the-dog term LGBTQ++, though, and I can't be bothered to look it up.
I’m with you on bothering to look stuff up.

I just try to treat everybody the same and not put them into groups. It works for me.

I just try to treat everybody the same and not put them into groups.
Mrs Me is happy if I get her some flowers and lingerie for her birthday.
Not so happy if I bought same for a mates birthday.

We are only 26 posts in an most of us agree the 'woke' thing is not only alien to British life but distinctly worrying going forward if it becomes the 'norm' ...as it appears to be doing. Admittedly in small circles , but very vocal and influential (don't rock the boat , think of the profit) small circles.

Q: WTF can we do about it ? My kids are not in the 'education' system any more and just laugh at all the 'wokeism' . I remind them that taking the pi$$ out of it is one thing but (some of) their future leaders live by it's mantra and it is they that are going to have to live under it's spell long after I have popped my clogs.

Having respect & tolerance for fellow human beings of whatever race , religion or sexual orientation is something we should all aspire to . But when it get's to the point where seemingly intelligent people just refuse to accept the facts of biological human life and push their own agenda to change those facts , it becomes very worrying.

So tonight I’ve learned that we have BME, BAME and LBGTQ and these are groups of people defined by their ethnicity or sexuality?

Ok. I’m going into a large meeting to discuss something and when I walk in I ask everybody there to sit in their groups.

We’ll have the blacks over there near the Asians. Opposite them are the gay men and over the other side we will have the gay women. By the window we can have the thems. The straight men can sit near the door and the straight women can sit at the front.

Is this acceptable??

Is this acceptable??

No.

Just setup the meeting on Zoom or Teams and let people sit in their own homes. It's much much simpler that way. But then you have to decide whether those with pets (particularly cute ones) are allowed to have them present on camera. And THAT is a whole other world of pain for the organiser.

"Gender
Often expressed in terms of masculinity and femininity, gender is largely culturally determined and is assumed from the sex assigned at birth."

Sex is not 'assigned' at birth; it is determined by what the baby has between its legs.

Most of that list, it seems to me, is 'woke' psychobabble claptrap thought up to describe various degrees of departure from the heterosexual norm.

I ask again, what planet are these people on?

(I should perhaps make it clear that I have no problem with people who identify with a different sex or gender to the one they are born with or raised as; homosexual, lesbian, bi, whatever, they are all the same to me - people. Their particular romantic or sexual orientation is irrelevant).

I'm thinking we need a serious discussion on removing insignificant archaic gender tied words from our vocabulary.

First to go should be.

Mum, dad, aunt, uncle, grandpa, papa, granny, grandma, amma, appa, bro, sis, son, daughter, mother, father.

And we need to abolish gender based articles from languages like French so remove 'le' and 'la' and we get a much easier language to learn and get correct.

Does that mean that I also lose the term "Baw Heed"? :rolleyes: 🤔

I don't get how having problems at birth is down to racism when a very large number of nurse's are Asian
It seems just lately everything is blamed on racism .
Beats me
Me too. As soon as it does not go the way certain people want it, it becomes an “ism” problem. Nothing to do with the behaviour of the “victim”.

Racism - funny that. If you’re white and say something about another race you’re racist. If you’re not white and say something about other races (incliding whites). That is ok.

I’ll never forget travelling on a tram in Croyden where two black women were arguing. One woman was from the Carribean and the other from Africa. The Caribbean called the other a “black African monkey”.

On the subject of racism, I had to contact NHS emergency dental services at the start of the year.
First question - "How would you describe yourself?"
Me - " Er (not understanding) someone who needs NHS services".
Them - "No I mean for example White British male or otherwise"
Me - "Sorry I consider that question racist and sexist"
Them - "Cant proceed unless we get an answer"
Me - " You want a complaint about racism and sexism in the NHS?"
Them - (after a short silence) "OK we can proceed"

To be honest being in a lot of pain, I was perhaps not as polite and cooperative as I might have been, but still, the question was wholly irrelevant and designed purely to collect statistics, as were similar questions in the recent Census, which I did not answer.

On the subject of racism, I had to contact NHS emergency dental services at the start of the year.
First question - "How would you describe yourself?"
Me - " Er (not understanding) someone who needs NHS services".
Them - "No I mean for example White British male or otherwise"
Me - "Sorry I consider that question racist and sexist"
Them - "Cant proceed unless we get an answer"
Me - " You want a complaint about racism and sexism in the NHS?"
Them - (after a short silence) "OK we can proceed"

To be honest being in a lot of pain, I was perhaps not as polite and cooperative as I might have been, but still, the question was wholly irrelevant and designed purely to collect statistics, as were similar questions in the recent Census, which I did not answer.
Completely agree. However, your user name seems to tell the world at least part of the answer... 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom