• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Just wanted to brag....

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
... that I have just gained a Distinction in an Open University Access course - Psychology and social science. Pretty pleased with myself after 50+ years away from formal education. Ok, it is not a proper degree as such, but still!

It was funded as my income is relatively low. I want to do another, but as I was foolish enough to make some provision for my retirement, I'm just outside the necessary "benefits" for having another funded.

Well done! My profession meant that I was constantly having to update my qualifications, and I took my last exam at age 65, a few years before I retired. I’ve not missed this requirement for the last 12 years…

I still have some of my old college books . The writing and diagrams in them were defiantly penned by my own fair hand but a lot of it looks totally alien to me today.

I must have been a real clever little brugger back then.

Today ? not so sure.

... that I have just gained a Distinction in an Open University Access course - Psychology and social science. Pretty pleased with myself after 50+ years away from formal education. Ok, it is not a proper degree as such, but still!

It was funded as my income is relatively low. I want to do another, but as I was foolish enough to make some provision for my retirement, I'm just outside the necessary "benefits" for having another funded.
Well done, Sir.

These things are easy to start but far from easy to finish.

Well done. The benefits will go well beyond the raw content of the course.

Last edited:
I still have some of my old college books . The writing and diagrams in them were defiantly penned by my own fair hand but a lot of it looks totally alien to me today.

I must have been a real clever little brugger back then.

Today ? not so sure.
^^This - below is the Krebs Citric Acid Cycle, which at one point I must have understood as I passed my A-Level Biology, but today.........🤔😵‍💫🥴
Citric_acid_cycle_with_aconitate_2.svg.png

Well done.
Admirable.
Do you intend to use it in any form?

PS, I won't be.
I will be honing non academic skills such as DIY, spannering and music software

Well done.
Admirable.
Do you intend to use it in any form?

PS, I won't be.
I will be honing non academic skills such as DIY, spannering and music software
Thanks. No, just did it "because" Keeping the grey matter churning

I'm of the generation that could have gone to University for free - indeed because of family financial circumstances I would have been eligible for lots and lots of grants. Combination of no encouragement/pressure from parents and not believing in myself put paid to that. Ran away to sea at 15 instead (well, joined the Royal Navy but "ran away to sea" sounds much more rugged!)

Joined the Navy to see the World?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom