Just wanted to raise a point...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a prospective purchaser, I have found this forum (and another MB one) really friendly. We have a Saab and have had several old ones so I look at the Saab OC forum too. From my viewpoint, I like this site over other car forums because it is friendly and polite - there never seems to be any rubbishing of other people's cars (MB or otherwise), no bad language, noone bragging about how they out-raced a 'lesser' vehicle, no dirty jokes etc, etc. At the moment I don't feel I have much to add to the forum in the way of advice or help, but it would be a shame if there were restrictions on postings by newbies.

There is a nice spoof BMW advert on this sniffpetrol page:

LOL...:D

I take it you mean the 'youhaveabmw.co.uk' advert...

Did you see the Late News clips at the bottom of the page..?? LOL..

As a prospective purchaser, I have found this forum (and another MB one) really friendly. We have a Saab and have had several old ones so I look at the Saab OC forum too. From my viewpoint, I like this site over other car forums because it is friendly and polite - there never seems to be any rubbishing of other people's cars (MB or otherwise), no bad language, noone bragging about how they out-raced a 'lesser' vehicle, no dirty jokes etc, etc. At the moment I don't feel I have much to add to the forum in the way of advice or help, but it would be a shame if there were restrictions on postings by newbies.

What no jokes...............I'm off.........:)

From the MINI Clubman article

‘For example, a few years ago we noticed that everyone was fascinated by pictures of Euro NCAP crash tests so we came up with the Z4 which permanently looks like it’s been in some sort of accident. In the case of the Mini Clubman, we realised that people are always interested in spy pics of disguised pre-production cars, so we decided to make a showroom car that was as crude and lumpen as they are’.

After an intensive design programme, BMW high-ups are said to be delighted with the finished look of the unique Clubman rear end which includes authentic development mule features like ugly, mismatched D-pillar cladding and ill-fitting, unattractive tail lamps, just like an early development hack.

LOL..:D

There is a nice spoof BMW advert on this sniffpetrol page:

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue082.html

I'd link to it directly but the language on sniffpetrol can be a little choice.

They have done a nice one for the new c-class though, mirroring our own concerns for the bullsh*t bingo phrasing in it!

It's on the latest issue: http://www.sniffpetrol.com

Haha yeah I saw it, I save all of them in a folder! Made me laugh, all I've got when driving mine is give way etc, people seem to respect older BMW's than new ones...It's a shame there's an age issue with BMW forums, there's isn't one here so they have no excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom