• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Key fob lost programming.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
I was in the car wash yesterday in my 2010 Ml350 and went to restart the engine and nothing. I turned it off as we were inside and I didn't want to gas the cleaning lads.

The carwash owner was fuming as I had 7 or 8 cars stuck behind me and he had to reroute the wash after getting them to back out onto a main road.
After about 30 mins I had the spare key turn up and we were away.

I have changed the battery and I am getting a red light on every button push and a beam from the end when checked with a camera . I have tried every method I can find on the internet to reprogram/ synchronise it to the car with no luck. The Stealer wants £187 + vat (1 hours labour) to reprogram the key and warned me it might be a new key if its faulty.

The fob turns to position 2 but will not start the engine.

It is a standard 3 button fob (no Blade) with the emergency door key blade in the top.

Has anyone got any suggestions how to remedy the problem or fix the fault opposed to giving the stealer loads of money .

I am in the North East so if anyone knows of any company that might help it would be appreciated.

GH3382

Last edited:
Changing the battery will have no effect. The battery is only required to power the lock and unlock feature.

The key has an transponder chip that is powered by induction when placed in the ignition switch. Strange that it should suddenly fail as there is nothing to really fail in that part of the fob.

It hasn't been dropped or exposed to moisture recently?

It hasn't been dropped or exposed to moisture recently?

No it had not. I think I now have resolved it . Having a guy visit to tomorrow supplying new key and programming for £150.

Hope fully this will cure the problem and I will be back to two keys.

Thanks for the help.

GH3382

update

It resolved it . The programmer said always use a new key for programming as old one could be faulty or have corrupt data etc.

He downloaded the car info through the OBD2 into his laptop then uploaded it to a website in turkey which then returned info to him to program the key. 2 months later still working fine.

GH3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom