• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Keyfob EIS Problem on SL350 R230

lifeboattom

Car
2003 SL350 & 2007 CL500
Looking for some help.

My Sl350 started to not open in the morning using the remote. Could open with the key, set the alarm off, put key in the ignition start the car and everything was fine for the day until the next morning.

Finally the key would not turn in the ignition so could not do anything lock unlock start the car etc. Keyless was also doing nothing.

The consumer battery voltage was quite low (12.1v) so replaced it, the car sprung into life and worked for the day same problem in the morning, key would do nothing.

Checked all the fuses and wiring seemed ok, power to the EIS so sent it off for repair. They confirmed it lost its code and repaired (£300). Got it back plugged it in worked fine for the day, next morning same thing, key wont open, ignition wont turn. Waiting to see what the repair company say but I'm unsure of what can be causing this or where to go! Any help appreciated!

Try another key.

I'd give Mark a call, excellent service. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you have some corroded connectors located inside the plastic trunking under the interior carpets though.

I'm with you guys, they came up with a second key for me, quickly and at a good price. As Mark implies, nothing fazes them.

I had it repaired at Autotronics in Leicester, fair play the engineer who did it he phoned me back and arranged DHL to collect it today for further investigation. I'm hoping its not cables under the carpet as the inside is bone dry that's why I bought it and its low milage! I'm getting 12.3v at the supply for the EIS - anything else I need to check?

Just an update got the unit back from Autotronics after there 3rd time at repairing, this time they changed the actual chips on the board. All seems good so far. To be fair they paid return and send postage for all the times it went back and have been working on it for some time at no extra cost. Hopefully after 6 weeks I'm back in SL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom