Largest 1l Car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trouble is , if the rules are the same as when I looked into it a few years ago , you have the leave the vehicle in Mongolia as a 'gift' to the charity.

Hence why you don't want to spend too much.

I had a look - they don't let you leave the car there any more (Mongolian government getting fed up with crappy knackered cars being dumped). Now you have to get it shipped back or just turn round and drive it home - with no support from the organisers..

Cheers,

Gaz

As has been mentioned, rules have changed. You now have to pay £1000 or so extra, and they ship your car back (assuming you don't want to drive it back).

Part of me is considering driving into a nearby country and selling it there...

M.

4x4 Panda on fleabay

4x4 Panda on fleabay

Shhh! I noticed this morning (there are 2 actually, a £3k one and a £500 one)... the 500£ looks quite tatty, lots of rust, etc... but may actually be perfect if no-one bids on it...

The £900 campervan looks pretty good too, and not too far from me. Now I need to have an interesting conversation to get a month or so of holiday... with someone I don't work for (yet).

I'm also considering a new panda 4x4... as I get to bring it back, it's not too bad... and the likelihood of something going wrong on a new car shouldn't be that high.

M.

Need any crew? :D

I'm also considering a new panda 4x4... as I get to bring it back, it's not too bad... and the likelihood of something going wrong on a new car shouldn't be that high.

M.

Looking at some of the old photos , of fiestas painted up like starsky and hutch cars driving across open grassland , I'm not sure I'd want to take a spanking new car out there ?

Think the warranty department would have a sense of humour failure when the car needs recovering from some grass desert because the engine fell out !

Lol

I'm doing it this year as well !!!........Peugeot 205 for me. High ground clearance and no electronics to speak of.

Why don't you do it in your smart?

Put some decent (raised) suspension on it, a snorkel, a rear rack... you could have great fun modifying it for the task.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom