Le Mans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Think I've asked this before, does anyone bother with trip to Le Mans?

Have been a number of times camping in the Houx Annex with all the mad brits (See Beer Mountain.com if you don't know)

Not been for years, it used to be a laugh from start to finish.....including travelling in an Audi Quattro Turbo (the proper shape one) at approx 150 mph we weren't racing the Aston Martin Vantage honest, when there was an almighty bang....MMR was driving (My Mate Ray) he just looked round at me and said...."were not upside down, it wasn't a tyre" :eek:.......it was main turbo intercooler hose.....being stopped by french police who were ready to cuff us if we did not hand over the radar detector and £300 :doh:

Being in a group travelling back when the fan belt went on the MGA, stood scratching our heads when a french MG enthusiast pulls up and asks whats the problem......he drives off and 30 mins later returns with a fan belt that fits....we make the ferry home:crazy:

Going in an old 6 series BMW bought for £300 quid just to do the trip....sold after for £300!....while in camp site being asked to handover the HT leads to help a guy in classic race.....I don't think so, how would we get home pal!

Not forgetting the amount of munitions that get set off in Houx Annex...to rival most war zones. plenty of Houx Stars awarded! for bravery in the face of fireworks!

Oh happy days!

Non Porsche cars accepted, so have a look at Lycian Events and their campsite, we went a couple of years ago for the first time and it was superb - down the end of Beau Sejours within spitting distance of the spectator banks at Porsche Curves, fenced site with their own security, superb "facilities" even for the ladies, plus a great food and beer marquee. Minibus service to the main gate etc, plus being at the end means little passing traffic, no dust and short queues for the facilities!

Chrishazle said:
Non Porsche cars accepted, so have a look at Lycian Events and their campsite, we went a couple of years ago for the first time and it was superb - down the end of Beau Sejours within spitting distance of the spectator banks at Porsche Curves, fenced site with their own security, superb "facilities" even for the ladies, plus a great food and beer marquee. Minibus service to the main gate etc, plus being at the end means little passing traffic, no dust and short queues for the facilities!

Cheers will give them a look, I fancy a trip down memory lane next June !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom