Limp Mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
Anyone got any idea why my car went into limp mode with no warning lights on in dashboard. It is running fine again after turning it off for a while car is E 350 cdi blue efficiency. Should I be concerned, and should I inform the dealership.

The fault should be stored on the ECU so you can find out what the problem was with Star.

If your car is still under warranty I'd take it in and get it checked.

AMGeed said:
The fault should be stored on the ECU so you can find out what the problem was with Star. If your car is still under warranty I'd take it in and get it checked.

Unfortunately my warranty ran out in June and I did not extend it. The car is on PCP but I had it remapped about 9 months ago so don't want the dealership to know. I will be keeping the car at the end of the PCP

Have booked the car in at an Indy next Thursday as the car is in Limp mode every morning. If I drive it for about 15 minutes turn it off leave it turn it back on it is fine until the next morning. Intrigued to find out what is causing it.

Unfortunately my warranty ran out in June and I did not extend it. The car is on PCP but I had it remapped about 9 months ago so don't want the dealership to know. I will be keeping the car at the end of the PCP

They only know if you tell them!

I have just had a service and glow plug change and it was on STAR checking everything was normal and things reset. I did not mention my remap,

My indy did do a reset as things on the dash were not as i left them on my own settings.....but he said nothing of my remap and he would of done as i asked him last time about getting a remap and i received quite a taut reply!

So took the car to an Indy. Fault was MAF sensor R/H bank all sorted now and running great but much lighter in my bank account

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom