Lowering options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure you are right as I say just a thought, love those wheels by the way I had them on our last car, so much nicer than what are on the new one.
Yeah fingers crossed they are the right part otherwise god knows what's its going to look like after these springs are on lol.

The wheels do look great im a big fan of them they were a must in my search for the unicorn spec I wanted in this crazy car trade at the minute, from past experience diamond cut don't seem to last very long so may well be a bridge ill have to cross down the line.

Is the relative height of the rear specific to your car or do you see the same in all other similar models?

If specific to your can then there is a possibility that the wrong replacement springs have been previously fitted to the rear, or the front springs have broken.

Is the relative height of the rear specific to your car or do you see the same in all other similar models?

If specific to your can then there is a possibility that the wrong replacement springs have been previously fitted to the rear, or the front springs have broken.
Just had a look at a few saloons with same wheels and they all seem to sit like mine so yeah looks like its on the correct springs.

10 mm is less than half an inch. It's not going to look much different, and tbh from the pics posted, I can't see there's a difference at present anyway.

RAB , how about a straight side on photo of the car so we can see what we are looking at ? :thumb:
Sorry that's all I had taken at the time 🙈 its the gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the arch I'm trying to close up and make more level front to back, you can more or less see from the pictures the gap at the back is a lot bigger than than the front hence my issue of finding the right springs, I've ordered some now so ill just have to hope they all work out ok 😬 not that there's many more options out there though unfortunately.

10 mm is less than half an inch. It's not going to look much different, and tbh from the pics posted, I can't see there's a difference at present anyway.
10mm was referring to the wheel spacers and that will make a noticeable difference.

Possibly it will, but I wasn't referring to the wheel spacers. If you put 25 mm lower springs on the front and 35 mm lower springs on the rear, both ends will be lower than before, but front to back, the difference will be 10 mm; less than half an inch....

Possibly it will, but I wasn't referring to the wheel spacers. If you put 25 mm lower springs on the front and 35 mm lower springs on the rear, both ends will be lower than before, but front to back, the difference will be 10 mm; less than half an inch....
Come on i need positive vibes here have some hope im trying lol

Come on i need positive vibes here have some hope im trying lol
Check which spring shims you have and fit the next thinner one. a reduction of 5 mm shim thickness should lower the vehicle by 8 mm or more, I think.

Unless your vehicle employs different technology.

Others may know better than I.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom