• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M113 190e Project (Help)

SurgePower

Car
Mercedes 190e
Greetings all,

I've purchased my first Mercedes recently, a 200k miles 190e in black. It's a gorgeous car, but the engine and gearbox are long in the tooth (1989 2 litre auto)
I had designs of putting an M119 V8 for the connection to the old Sauber Mercs of the Le Mans fame, but have been struggling to source an engine at the right price, plus have been told it's a bigger more expensive job than the M113 V8 swap.

Therefore, I would love to know of anyone who, in the UK especially, has swapped a V8 into the 190e.
I am aware a 2,6 litre shell would have made life easier, but I'm set on this car getting the transplant.
I would also ideally like to have a manual box, some saying the M112 V6 manual is a straight fit onto these. What I'm not sure about is if it will fit into the transmission tunnel of the car.
If anyone has ideas on a diff upgrade and suspension mounts, I'd love to hear ideas.
ECU and general running tips would be greatly appreciated as this is the one area the 113 is more difficult to get right over the 119.

Joao

The link works but you will probably need to register on that forum to read the post.

The link works but you will probably need to register on that forum to read the post.
Indeed, you need register to view and post in that section of the site.
It's very quick easy and free to do. And the car Will links to is a beauty.

I've registered and currently taking it all on board. Appreciate the help chaps, thank you!

Purchased a 60k Mile SL500 M113 V8. Currently negotiating on a gearbox, but ECU is an issue at present. Once all the parts are done I'll be sourcing a mechanic from Poland to come and do the work here in the UK. My brother in law....

Purchased a 60k Mile SL500 M113 V8. Currently negotiating on a gearbox, but ECU is an issue at present. Once all the parts are done I'll be sourcing a mechanic from Poland to come and do the work here in the UK. My brother in law....
Any updates on this??

The OP hasn't been here in 3 years, so it's not looking hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom