• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M156 broken inlet manifold pipe insert

Duff3103

Car
2012 C63 AMG wagon
Hi guys, It’s been a while since Iv posted her but Iv ran into a little issue that seems to be a big expense.

So I have stripped down my m156 and replaced the head bolts, head gaskets, valve tappets, timing and oil pump chains and guides and various other gaskets and stuff whilst in the area. It’s been a bit of a long haul job running into little issues here and there but now nearly ready to start it but Iv found a little plastic pipe outlet at the rear of the manifold that’s broken. It’s located next to where the pvc pipe bolts in so I contacted Mercedes and they at first said I need to buy the complete pipe from from to back which includes a little non return valve and a tee but……after receiving this the pipe does not come with the little plastic pipe as stated and it’s not in any of the manifold diagrams. The parts advisor has been in touch with Mercedes and they say these parts are not available separately so I’d need to buy a complete manifold at £1700 plus vat 😂 that definitely isn’t happening so I’m looking for some wisdom if anyone else has had the same issue? Attached are photos of said pipe. If anyone has any ideas of where I could get or even what I could replace it with would be ideal as currently I’m about £3500 in on parts inc tyres and wheel refurb so an inlet isn’t on the to do list for the sake of a little plastic pipe

Cheers for reading

Are you going to strip your manifold too, I did mine and gave it TLC 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom