• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M157 - air intake

c3nturi0n

Car
CLS63 Shooting Brake
Air intakes (to air boxes) on my M157 based CLS63 have deteriorated.

Other than OEM replacement, i wonder if anyone had looked into alternatives? e.g. rubber based hose/s

Thanks

I replaced mine with an aftermarket solution. I had a post on it somewhere, I will see if I can find a link

Thanks Jim, appreciate it.

For my reference, does it need adhesive to secure into a plastic ends?

I’ll give it a go at the weekend!

Thanks Jim, appreciate it.

For my reference, does it need adhesive to secure into a plastic ends?

I’ll give it a go at the weekend!
The originals are glued on but I found the silicone tube to be such a good fit I never got around to gluing it.

cheers Jim - ordered and will give it a go at the weekend.

thanks again

cheers Jim - ordered and will give it a go at the weekend.

thanks again
No problems. Good luck. It was an easy job and mine has been solid ever since. Report back how you get on.

For some reason i cannot upload photos.

However the job itself took 10ish min per side. I left it w/o the glue for couple days and that seem to have done the job. I might eventually use adhesive / cement that is used on poly pipes to seal it all… for now i’m happy the way it is :).

Thanks again Jim!

For some reason i cannot upload photos.

However the job itself took 10ish min per side. I left it w/o the glue for couple days and that seem to have done the job. I might eventually use adhesive / cement that is used on poly pipes to seal it all… for now i’m happy the way it is :).

Thanks again Jim!
You're welcome, glad it worked out ok for you

And a big thank you from me too. I found mine were on the way out, totally coincidentally, the day after reading this thread, and the half-metre of silicone hose arrived on Monday. Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom