• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My next M157 AMG

Here's a few earlier adds plus tax ran out on 18th jan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401_234540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230401_234540_Chrome.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 7
Not looked too deep into this but it appears fully loaded if your interested. I'm sure the price can be negotiated?

Here's a youtube video, seats look okay. They don't seem squashed 👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another advert but again it's not a wagon nor an S model. Reasonable spec, colours nice too 👍

This one is still available. It's a Jap import so the road tax will be much cheaper. I would have brought this but the price at that time was £38k back in Oct'22 and it didn't agree with me. Its now £34k, a bit more reasonable, surprised it hasn't sold yet. I think it should sell for £33k to a lucky owner. You getting a lot of tasteful features for what it is.

Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

This one is still available. It's a Jap import so the road tax will be much cheaper. I would have brought this but the price at that time was £38k back in Oct'22 and it didn't agree with me. Its now £34k, a bit more reasonable, surprised it hasn't sold yet. I think it should sell for £33k to a lucky owner. You getting a lot of tasteful features for what it is.

Agree on the spec, but little things like the taped up intake pipes and leaking expansion tank cap would put me off. These are such simple and cheap items to replace yet they haven’t been. That aside it could still be a decent buy…..

Agree on the spec, but little things like the taped up intake pipes and leaking expansion tank cap would put me off. These are such simple and cheap items to replace yet they haven’t been. That aside it could still be a decent buy…..
Definitely agree there, I would use that as a starting point to form the basis of negotiation and anything else. 😀

You can buy full UK spec ones for the same money though. The only way I'd buy a J spec one is if there was a good saving over the UK version. Insurance on grey imports can be more too.

Are you sure you'd want a white car with that interior? I'd say it's a bit OTT; too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.

Me too...much better than boring and depressing black that seems to be in about 95 percent of all Mercedes these days.

Are you sure you'd want a white car with that interior? I'd say it's a bit OTT; too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.
Mrs said they exact same thing too, I know what you mean. Will be hard too, keeping it clean both inside and out but it looks amazing colour combo. Too late for me, got my eyes out for w213, maybe next year. 👍

You can buy full UK spec ones for the same money though. The only way I'd buy a J spec one is if there was a good saving over the UK version. Insurance on grey imports can be more too.
I wonder how hard it would be to get hold of an MB electronic service sheet to check service history given that it spent a bit of its early life in Japan?

I don't care for funereal black interiors much either, but that particular black and white combination seems to me to be on the flashy side, and I don't care for that either. It would be much better all white, I think.

I am keen to get back into an AMG after parting ways with my excellent, but soulless BMW M6 Gran Coupe. I am considering a few different models but am leaning towards an M157 based car, it must have <30K miles and be in great condition. If you have any of the following or know of one for sale then let me know.
  • CL63, 2011 onwards with the M157, Performance Pack preferred.
  • SL63, 2008-2011 with the M156, unfortunately I can't get past the looks of the later models with the M157.
  • CLS63, post 2015 facelift, Shooting Brake preferred.
  • E63 Estate S212 post 2012.
Have you found one yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom