• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M271 timing issue

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi all, my car throwing p00117 and p0016 after timing chain fixed.w204 c180 evo. Am going back to mechanic today, but I watched a video on you tube that said dealer error on timing.The fuy said it is better to make sure the intake side is spot on line but to miss a tooth on exhaust side to the left and this will sort the problem that dealers knows about this but hiding it from people instead of recall.I tried to upload the video but if anyone go on you tube that know how to download it.I need your advice is I should show this to my mechanic.thanks
If you type Mercedes c250 180L evo timing issue.
It will come up.thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi all, my car throwing p00117 and p0016 after timing chain fixed.w204 c180 evo. Am going back to mechanic today, but I watched a video on you tube that said dealer error on timing.The fuy said it is better to make sure the intake side is spot on line but to miss a tooth on exhaust side to the left and this will sort the problem that dealers knows about this but hiding it from people instead of recall.I tried to upload the video but if anyone go on you tube that know how to download it.I need your advice is I should show this to my mechanic.thanks
If you type Mercedes c250 180L evo timing issue.
It will come up.thanks
No,but he does bmw, Mercedes and other cars as well.

Yeah you need someone who's competent with mercedes and not with just anything that comes in the door. Timing chain sprockets are known to fail where they won't let the chain time up correctly. If he missed that then you need a new technician, mechanics just replace parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom