MB SD connect compact4 help!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

authurfang

Car
slk
Hi, all guys. Today i want to diagnose my 2004 benz, and luckily:bannana:, i find this mb sd connect compact4. It is the newest diagnostic tool for benz, it not only supports K line diagnose and CAN BUS, but also UDS diagnose protocol. I think this is a good tool for my car, however, I think the price is a little high, who can give me some more ideas about this tool?
Thanks…:thumb:

hi, who can give me the ideas? is it really powerful??
has bluetooth? support UDS protocol?
one million thanks...

If you need to ask these questions, the SDConnect mux is not for you. It does work over WLAN, not via BT.

Try to find a good C3 tool, that is the correct tool for personal use or for a small workshop.

If you need to ask these questions, the SDConnect mux is not for you. It does work over WLAN, not via BT.

Try to find a good C3 tool, that is the correct tool for personal use or for a small workshop.
thaks for your reply,:thumb: I searh for the shop again, and I consider to buy this mb star c3, they say this a good clone tool, and the price I can receive, do you have the expenrience of this clone kit?:confused:

thaks for your reply,:thumb: I searh for the shop again, and I consider to buy this mb star c3, they say this a good clone tool, and the price I can receive, do you have the expenrience of this clone kit?:confused:

Judged from the PC cable (other details allowing product identification are not visible from the photos) and price, this is not one of the high quality clones. Your choice, I would not spend my money on this one or on a similar tool.

Judged from the PC cable (other details allowing product identification are not visible from the photos) and price, this is not one of the high quality clones. Your choice, I would not spend my money on this one or on a similar tool.
thanks for your reply again, I am just attractive to the price. I want to ask you which one is the best clone one, can you suggest me one? :dk:
If it is worth, I would like to have one...

thanks for your reply again, I am just attractive to the price. I want to ask you which one is the best clone one, can you suggest me one? :dk:
If it is worth, I would like to have one...

Price is the only thing they can attract buyers with this tool, so that is what they are doing. But it can get costly if you save money at the wrong time.

You would have to figure out what makes sense to you, the forum can try to help you with your decision. Unfortunately I cannot send you private mail at this time, your post count at the forum is too low. Keep on posting. :thumb:

Price is the only thing they can attract buyers with this tool, so that is what they are doing. But it can get costly if you save money at the wrong time.

You would have to figure out what makes sense to you, the forum can try to help you with your decision. Unfortunately I cannot send you private mail at this time, your post count at the forum is too low. Keep on posting. :thumb:
well, thanks for your reply. I will post continue. But can't you give the me the best quality c3?:confused::confused: I mean you can post the tool here..?

The best quality tool is available here:

Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

It is the only genuine supported system, and will work.

Info on ordering is here: -

Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

As you are in Europe, you can buy genuine systems. They also have some new solutions using your own PC and a rented (genuine) SDConnect MUX - but it is pay as you go after renting the MUX.

Kind Regards

Richard

This is the correct answer but we all know this is not the way forward for the OP.

But Richard's message reminded me about one specific website that has more info about the topic:
Mercedes Star Diagnosis

A quote from the site:

"You can, of course, purchase a number of cloned multipexers and other Star Diagnosis equipment from eBay. Here is an eBay UK search that will find most of them, and Here is an eBay USA link that is good for outside Europe."

A pity car manufacturers want to make a fortune by selling diagnosis tools, even if they loose a fortune when customers go away and buy another car that has cheaper tools available.

I do know where to get decent clones from, but I don't want to post the info publically. OP, if you contact me via the mercupgrades.com 'contact us' button, I will let you know

Richard

This is the correct answer but we all know this is not the way forward for the OP.

But Richard's message reminded me about one specific website that has more info about the topic:
Mercedes Star Diagnosis

A quote from the site:

"You can, of course, purchase a number of cloned multipexers and other Star Diagnosis equipment from eBay. Here is an eBay UK search that will find most of them, and Here is an eBay USA link that is good for outside Europe."

A pity car manufacturers want to make a fortune by selling diagnosis tools, even if they loose a fortune when customers go away and buy another car that has cheaper tools available.
hi, my8, thanks for your reply, I also contact the chinasinoy customer service, they say their mb star c3 works well, and they can supply me the unlimited technical support, you know this is important for me. I decide to have this one, if this clone tool works well, I would like to have one rather than have one expensive. Thus I also can enjoy the DIY, I think I can believe them. Thanks a lot...:thumb:

hi, my8, thanks for your reply, I also contact the chinasinoy customer service, they say their mb star c3 works well, and they can supply me the unlimited technical support, you know this is important for me. I decide to have this one, if this clone tool works well, I would like to have one rather than have one expensive. Thus I also can enjoy the DIY, I think I can believe them. Thanks a lot...:thumb:

Oh dear, why do you keep asking help and then purchase something where you will definitely need a lot of support, sooner or later.

Tell me a Chinese shop that does not tell their product is the best in the world while all other shops sell crap, and their technical support is perfect.

Perhaps this shop has good support but the tool is definitely a low quality Chinese design option.

I wish you luck, with good luck your tool may survive a year (I've seen these fail even before the first diagnosis has been completed).

hi, my dear firend, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I keep asking, for I have something indeterminacy. And now I hope I will luck for buying this tool, thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi guys I found site has many things about MB SD Connect , maybe it can help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom