Mercedes 190e 3.2 AMG RHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree with this, he did know, but wanted a quick sale and I guess it could take a while to sell, or not, it’s a crazy market. I am not looking to sell so will tidy it up and use it.
It’s a lovely car. Enjoy 👍🏻

Can't see anything on the engine indicating it's AMG - no AMG valve covers etc. Looks like every 190E 2.6 I've ever had.

Does it drive considerably quicker than a standard 2.6? Does the EZL say anything AMG on it?

Why do you say that?

I've had every single interior it's possible to have on a 190, and the "full" (big bolstered, 2 seat rear) sportline cloth recaro interior you have is not only the period correct interior for your car but is also the best of the lot. The Cossie came with the same interior in either full leather or half leather but the leather is just too firm and slippy to be comfortable and supportive. The facelift standard leather seats do have softer leather and are comfortable but the bolsters are just not big enough in a AMG. I've also had a set of saffy cosworth ls recaros trimmed and fitted but none ever came close to your seats !!!

Trying to find a black leather interior with the buttons on the seats.

Also if you mean the Recaro Classic or "C" seats with the "buttons" you could not actually get a whole matching interior. The fronts seats were only a dealer fit option and did not match the rear seats exactly. They are fantastic seats , I very nearly bought a whole 190 to just get a pre trimmed set of them !!! Although some people did mount with the Cossie rear seat as not a million miles away.

I've had every single interior it's possible to have on a 190, and the "full" (big bolstered, 2 seat rear) sportline cloth recaro interior you have is not only the period correct interior for your car but is also the best of the lot. The Cossie came with the same interior in either full leather or half leather but the leather is just too firm and slippy to be comfortable and supportive. The facelift standard leather seats do have softer leather and are comfortable but the bolsters are just not big enough in a AMG. I've also had a set of saffy cosworth ls recaros trimmed and fitted but none ever came close to your seats !!!
Right then! Looks like I owe you a few drinks, you may have saved me a few quid. Thanks for the insight.

Also if you mean the Recaro Classic or "C" seats with the "buttons" you could not actually get a whole matching interior. The fronts seats were only a dealer fit option and did not match the rear seats exactly. They are fantastic seats , I very nearly bought a whole 190 to just get a pre trimmed set of them !!! Although some people did mount with the Cossie rear seat as not a million miles away.
Pair on UK ebay at the moment...

classicc.jpg

I have been offered a set of C81’s for £3500 including rear seats and flat AMG steering wheel. I’m trying to upload but file too large

I have been offered a set of C81’s for £3500 including rear seats and flat AMG steering wheel. I’m trying to upload but file too large
All comes down to personal choice i suppose. I prefer the cloth sportline interior you already have fitted, however a period AMG steering wheel would be a fine addition as would imho some 16" 15 holes as fitted OE to w201 evo1's and r129's.

Nice. I would certainly like to see the rear seat.

My personal wheel of choice would would be the 16" OZ AMG Split rims.

Back in the day I bought a set for £300 !!!!! Spent weeks and weeks polishing them up, and never got round to fitting them and sold them on for £500

If only I had still had them :doh:

@Riva144 any pictures of the ducktail rear end?

I struggle to think of an aftermarket rear spoiler that was as 'right' as an AMG ducktail. Really transforms the back ends of w201's from nice saloon car into something special.

Last edited:
Nice. I would certainly like to see the rear seat.

My personal wheel of choice would would be the 16" OZ AMG Split rims.

Back in the day I bought a set for £300 !!!!! Spent weeks and weeks polishing them up, and never got round to fitting them and sold them on for £500

If only I had still had them :doh:
Hindsight! Are these the ones
@Riva144 any pictures of the ducktail rear end?

I struggle to think of an aftermarket rear spoiler that was as 'right' as an AMG ducktail. Really transforms the back ends of w201's from nice saloon car into something special.
i will try and get some, I’m away at the moment and I haven’t actually seen the car myself yet! I have only just bought it and a friend has taken delivery.

Found a little bit in one of my books…

E0-AE8697-8979-44-EC-A898-A7658319-B93-E.jpg

Interestingly they only mention a manual 5 speed transmission in my book.

The problem with the 2.6 engine is it can only be bored out so much. It has water passages between the bores unlike the 3 L engine which has Siamesed bores. AMG found it could only bore out certain 2.6 blocks for this reason. It also implies that re-boring a worn 3.2 engine may run the risk of breakthrough into the adjacent water passages

The problem with the 2.6 engine is it can only be bored out so much. It has water passages between the bores unlike the 3 L engine which has Siamesed bores. AMG found it could only bore out certain 2.6 blocks for this reason. It also implies that re-boring a worn 3.2 engine may run the risk of breakthrough into the adjacent water passages
Many years ago I used to look after a blue C124 Brabus Q3C, which had a 3.6 litre capacity m103. The headgaskets were prone to failure because there was scarcely any material between the bores. The headgasket was a Brabus special, made of copper, and was eye wateringly expensive

Last edited:
Wow, never knew this was even an official MB model, great buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom