Mercedes C-Class W205 Adblue Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moibbi

Car
Mercedes C Class W205
Hello, my Mercedes-Benz C-Class has an engine warning light & the dash says “Engine Start not possible in 500 miles” after investigating I have found I have an error code of P204814 “AdBlue® metering valve 1 (cylinder bank 1) has a short circuit to ground There is a short circuit to ground or an open circuit” how can I remove this entirely? I’ve filled 10 litres of AdBlue and the car won’t let me view how much AdBlue is inside the car currently

watch this video, it deletes the adblue system from the car never have to fill it up again
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There have been a couple of threads on here where, I think, rubbing of a loose wire that goes to the ad blue level sensor has rubbed through the insulation and this has caused a short.
This sounds a lot like the error you are experiencing. It might be worth a search on the forum for this, as it could be a quick and cheap fix if this is the issue?

(if it was the issue, I'd be correctly splicing in a new section of wire where the damage has occured, and making sure the wire can't bounce around anymore, rather than a dealer 'replace all wire with new at high cost' option)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom