• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes CLS Rear Indicator Problem

silversurfer10

Car
SLK
Hello everyone,

My 2010 Mercedes CLS Grand Edition recently had a warning light on the dashboard regarding a problem with the rear driver's side indicator. The car has LED rear lights.

The rear indicator light in question works when locking the car and when the hazard lights are on (most of the time) , other times the backup indicator i.e. the rear driver's side reversing light flashes instead of the indicator.

When driving and using the indicator for that side, the indicator illuminates and emits a noise far more frequently than normal.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and typically, what the issue is and what requires repair? Many thanks in advance.

Its a common fault on these Facelift LED units. it will be one of the solider joints on the PCB has failed.

You will need to replace the entire light cluster £££, or if you have a local company who can fix circuit boards will be able to do it easliy.

Its a common fault on these Facelift LED units. it will be one of the solider joints on the PCB has failed.

You will need to replace the entire light cluster £££, or if you have a local company who can fix circuit boards will be able to do it easliy.
Thank you

Today, the light seems to be functioning normally. However, it is clear that there is condensation in both of the rear light units. I assume this is due to the wet weather and leakage into the units. How can this issue be resolved, if the seals need to replaced, how simple/complex is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom